Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
iTunes has been trying to be three things: a media manager, a store front, and a device manager. Hopefully iTunes 11 makes these three things more cohesive instead of clunky and bulky.

BlackMangoTree

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2010
I bet it is going to be a lousy update anyway. I doubt they even added the ability to have multiple genres and artists for the same song and albums.

iTunes is pretty poor in managing music and i don't see it getting any better.

Bloubum

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2012
Apple Muzzle

Apple was the student of Microsoft and now the student have become the master at sleaze. They are great at spinning things their way. The never take questions after their keynote. Always hyping things up and never every mention issues. Itunes will be late. If the talk about something means every thing is going great and on time. If something is not mentioned they will just play hush hush. Did they mention anything about syncing the new Ipad with Itunes. NO. Cause they would then need to mention that they are late. The new Mac Book Pro is nothing of a sort. With welded on Ram, welded on SSD. Apple is saying "We realize people are buying under upgraded computers and then buying ram and hard drive with out paying our apple tax and letting us rip them off. So we had to put a stop to that" Please dont tell me it is because of space issues. If people really needed a computer that small they would get the AIR. No update to the Pro Line either. They claim the profit margin is not high enough but what they mean is the rip of margin is to low. And finally, when they spent time making a new Icon itunes , should they should have changed the name to IMedia. I mean now it is Music, Movies, Books, and more right?!?!!?!!?

Last edited:

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Apple was the student of Microsoft and now the student have become the master at sleaze. They are great at spinning things their way. The never take questions after their keynote. Always hyping things up and never every mention issues. Itunes will be late. If the talk about something means every thing is going great and on time. If something is not mentioned they will just play hush hush. Did they mention anything about syncing the new Ipad with Itunes. NO. Cause they would then need to mention that they are late. The new Mac Book Pro is nothing of a sort. With welded on Ram, welded on SSD. Apple is saying "We realize people are buying under upgraded computers and then buying ram and hard drive with out paying our apple tax and letting us rip them off. So we had to put a stop to that" Please dont tell me it is because of space issues. If people really needed a computer that small they would get the AIR. No update to the Pro Line either. They claim the profit margin is not high enough but what they mean is the rip of margin is to low. And finally, when they spent time making a new Icon itunes , should they should have changed the name to IMedia. I mean now it is Music, Movies, Books, and more right?!?!!?!!?

1. It's not late until November.
2. The lack of upgradeability in the Retina Macbook Pro IS because of space issues. It's simply impossible to make it as upgradeable as the non-retina AND thin, AND powerful. It can't happen.
3. Your argument can go both ways, which demonstrates how faulty it is. If you really wanted a computer that upgradeable, then you would get a non-retina Macbook Pro. Some people want a thin, light, powerful computer and want an ultra high resolution screen. Those people will buy Retina Macbook Pros.
4. The name iTunes is iconic, I doubt Apple wants to change it. I agree with the decision.

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
But it's not taking up the entire window?…

And said hypothetical dashboard isn't isn't covering the window, but rather the dashboard. It's a pretty spot on analogy.

I'm happy to see the side panel go away, as well. The drop down list seems to offer the same functionality, minus playlists, which can be found in their own respective category under the horizontal nav bar. I'm also happy to see that they're bring back the colorful icons in the source list.

ZacNicholson

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
Austin
New iTunes?

I remember they said in october it will be released, in september at WWDC. They didn't say one word about it at the iPad Mini event. So when will it be released? I really was excited about the new iTunes.

Variant

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2005
While I do think it is odd that it wasn't mentioned (AT ALL) during the event, there isn't any reason to believe that it has been pushed back. Wait until after the iTunes Match downtime and the financial results.

You guys are acting like the sky is falling.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
if nothing is announced during the conference call than I am worried its gotten delayed or we are getting a silent annoucement and it will just appear :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.