Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JZLOMIE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
So... I had an iPad 2 that sold on e-Bay last week. It is not the first iPad that I sold through e-Bay (Original Gen. Sold Too), but was the first with 3G.

So I did the traditional wipe of the device. Before resetting the other options in settings. The 3G was deactivated about a month prior to selling, and account deleted.

The buyer receives the iPad today, and claims that she can't activate the 3G and needs my log-in credentials to delete my VZW info, and create her own.

I attempted to view my VZW account through their website, but they had both the number and the e-mail it was associated with as no longer registered with Verizon.

Anybody have a similar issue? Was it my fault? Or is it free from my fault?

soldierblue

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
They need to call Verizon and have them manually associate it with the proper account.

Go CDMA, right?

JZLOMIE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
Yeah CDMA is pretty much the greatest thing ever.... :rolleyes:

However, I do love that I still have my unlimited data for the iPhone. So its a love-hate type relationship I suppose.

JZLOMIE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
Resolved!

I got the issue all cleared up. Apparently, I canceled my autopay, but did not delete my account profile. I clicked delete later rather than delete now since I had data left. (oops.)

I went to my local Verizon, the rep called Verizon Pre-Paid Customer Service, they verified my account information and deleted the account.

A power cycle by the buyer allowed her to get her account information up and running!

Thanks for the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.