Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
Honestly Apple sounds like a little kid saying "oh yeah, well my dad is cooler than your dad so there" Really, all they needed to do was put the footnote there, no one will read it, no one will care.

Actually it is not like that at all. It is like quoting the judge of the high court who said essentially Samsung did not infringe because their product is inferior and not as cool.

Apple smartly turned this into a marketing opportunity which will undoubtedly earn then 10s of millions of dollars of free publicity (thus negating any ad costs they have to accrue) while also pointing out clearly Samsung is a thief and rip off artist just not a good one.

Even when Apple loses one of these cases they end up winning.

recklesslife85

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2012
I fail to see how Samsung products are not as cool as Apple products? Last time I checked a Note 10.1 or a Note 2 are really cool and innovative devices. When was the last time Apple did anything innovative? Oh yeah Maps... Not a fan boy of either company but this **** is getting beyond.

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
$100 wiped off the share price in 1 week.

Who is laughing Apple?

Not your shareholers
Apple is undervalued by 500-700 dollars a share today, right now.

The shareholders who actually know anything about how businesses operate and don't play the stock market like a pichinko machine know this.

So yeah apple shareholders are laughing at this because apple cleverly manages to have 124 billion dollars in the bank and will get 10s of millions of free publicity, marketing and advertising.

StarPower

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2012
Love it! Bravo Apple for calling out those Shamsung thieves and directly quoting how the judge deemed their knockoffs too "uncool" to even be worthy of being an iPad competitor. To those saying "childish", wrong. This is good and creative business, it's justified and it is core Apple classic behavior. You want to see childish? Look at shady thieving Samesung's ads where in a most shamelessly jealous attempt, they attack Apple fans.

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
Actually is false, the judge has not ruled that the Galaxy Tab doesn't infringe because they are not cool.

Right not as cool. What is your agenda here? The judge clearly said that the galaxy tab was not as cool in his description of the many reasons it did not infringe. Claiming otherwise just makes you look crazy.

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
Score one android fanboys I'am sure this generating hundreds of comments over at cult of android and Engadget.

I personally believe Apple makes fantastic and unique products that set it apart from the competition, however all this patient lawsuits are just vein and hurtful especially to the consumer this is evident when companies block products from getting released in certain countries because of patient infringements.

let the consumer decide whats best, however i believe everyone eventually will give in and try a apple and android at one stage of their lives.

But anyways thats my 2 two cents on the matter.

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar
Right not as cool. What is your agenda here? The judge clearly said that the galaxy tab was not as cool in his description of the many reasons it did not infringe. Claiming otherwise just makes you look crazy.

Agenda? What is yours? Claming that esentially didn't infringed because they are inferior (thing that didn't said) and not as cool makes you look crazy

StarPower

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2012
I fail to see how Samsung products are not as cool as Apple products? Last time I checked a Note 10.1 or a Note 2 are really cool and innovative devices. When was the last time Apple did anything innovative? Oh yeah Maps... Not a fan boy of either company but this **** is getting beyond.

Samesung is inherently antithesis to "cool". Lucky for them they had Apple's gameplan to try and emulate inch by inch, still , no cigar.

Bevz

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2007
UK
I still can't quite get my head around this; ok, it went to court and apple lost (this time). that should have been the end of it. The judgement that apple have to advertise the fact that they lost (and therefore potentially damage their own business) seems a little beyond the remit of the court case! Judges shouldn't get involved in the squabbles between businesses in such an active way... A case comes into their court; they preside and make a judgement, that's it! It devalues the judicial system IMHO when judges then feel the need to take things further.... Their job was to simply make a decision, yes or no; ok, award financial damages if a business has been hurt by a frivolous lawsuit, that makes sense to me but this just feels like the judge is lowing himself by getting actively involved in the petty squabbling of two businesses... To make things worse, Apple have just twisted it around anyway and used the words the judge said to poke fun at Samsung for not being "as cool" so what exactly has the judge proved here?
An example; I have 2 kids; #1 says to #2 "you're smelly" and they start arguing calling each other smelly.... i tell them both off for arguing about something so silly and i punish #1 for starting the argument (send to their room or something); what i DO NOT DO is get involved in the argument by saying to #1 "well, actually, you're the one who is a bit smelly, so i think you should admit that to the other one" - At that point i've ceased to become the adult, i'm now acting as a third child (albiet a bigger one with more power) and just stirring things up and adding more ammunition to the argument so it will last even longer!
My job as a parent is to BE the adult, be the voice of reason and stay detached from childish arguments.

In my opinion that is exactly what the judge has done; he's just added more fuel to the fire of a childish squabble between 2 businesses.... The judge made a mistake by issuing the order and the UK judicial system itself then doubled up that mistake by allowing the judgement to stand on appeal; did they not realise that all the judges words throughout the entire thing were on public record and could be used by either party at any time? the mind boggles...

-- END OF RANT ;)

StarPower

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2012
Score one android fanboys I'am sure this generating hundreds of comments over at cult of android and Engadget.

I personally believe Apple makes fantastic and unique products that set it apart from the competition, however all this patient lawsuits are just vein and hurtful especially to the consumer this is evident when companies block products from getting released in certain countries because of patient infringements.

let the consumer decide whats best, however i believe everyone eventually will give in and try a apple and android at one stage of their lives.

But anyways thats my 2 two cents on the matter.

You can't allow stealing to happen simply to let selfish consumers have their precious devices at diluted costs. Apple worked hard to develop their ideas, and they are righteous to go after those that try and steal it. These lawsuits protect innovation.

hppy29

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2007
Essex, UK
I would rather be configuring my new iMac than reading this stuff... We all know Samsung stuff isn't as cool lol but lets move on... If Apple spent more time on keeping things under wraps than "someone" leaking parts companies like Samsung wouldn't have time to copy them!

So Apple let me help boost your share price and let me buy some new iMacs this side of 2012...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.