Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sora

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007
New York, NY
Honestly Apple sounds like a little kid saying "oh yeah, well my dad is cooler than your dad so there" Really, all they needed to do was put the footnote there, no one will read it, no one will care.

Actually, it was the judge who made those assertions.

omenatarhuri

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2010
Honestly Apple sounds like a little kid saying "oh yeah, well my dad is cooler than your dad so there" Really, all they needed to do was put the footnote there, no one will read it, no one will care.
See the kicker here is that Judge was the one who said that, not Apple.

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
apple is not harmed by this, also, they 're getting a billion bucks from shamesung. that's 9 zeros.
moreover, the judge did not clarify that apple was prohibited of publishing the rulings of other courts.

edit
in the statement, there isn't even a logo of apple, a menu or something... you're stuck on that page and your only way out is your browser's navigation.

Grow up.

Apple will never see any of that $1bn.

Yet again, the US is the only place where Apple is actually winning anything. Throughout the rest of the world all cases are in favour of Samsung or over ruled on appeal.

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
It's not terribly flattering. I think a simple statement with just the required information would have been more elegant.

----------

There's a difference between thinking you've won with rhetoric and the way someone perceives the attitude of a company.

Right and apple will win with a lot of free publicity that squarely puts them with a superior product to Samsung.

You realize 95% of the people will take in a judge said apple was cooler than Samsung. That will be the perception. It is not bad for apple in any way that counts.

I mean sure people who hate apple but spend a lot of free time on apple discussion sites will perceive it badly just as they would perceive apple curing cancer poorly. Nobody else will though.

What is funny is people complain apple has become too big business like and uptight and they do something here very much in line with the attitude and history of the company and people still complain.

I just hope Microsoft gains some traction with their devices because they showed the world being a bad rip off artist who creates a much less cool product is not the only way to go in the mobile device space.

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
Haha, funny. But I'm more surprised that the judge provided them with these personal opinions in court than Apple re-using them on their site when appropriate.

macs4nw

macrumors 601
Couldn't stay that high forever.

Stock markets go up and down all the time for, what seems to an outsider sometimes, no reason that makes sense. But investors think differently, and mainly towards the future. Contrary to what it looks like at times, when large amounts of stock get 'dumped', the Stock market is NOT a place for 'nervous nellies'. I would have no qualms about buying AAPL stock at todays price of $609.54.

Thank me after January's earings call. :) :apple: :)

StarPower

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2012
Grow up.

Yet again, the US is the only place where Apple is actually winning anything. Throughout the rest of the world all cases are in favour of Samsung or over ruled on appeal.

So you're suggesting the rest of the world is anti-American? ;)

ItsWelshy

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2012
Grow up.

I think you need to grow up and get your facts right.

Unless Germany and a plethora of other countries are also in America?

Google stole iOS and Samsung copied Apples designs, boxing, cables, advertising and accessories.

Do us all a favour and either play with some traffic or join an Spamdroid forum

StarPower

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2012
Yes and shares went down due to poor iPad sales :rolleyes:

Define "poor". Because fundamentally, the numbers were incredible especially before a production wind down before fourth gen iPad. Only to made up perverse voices in ones head (analysts) can that be considered an upset.

pandamonia

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2009
Define "poor". Because fundamentally, the numbers were incredible especially before a production wind down before fourth gen iPad. Only to made up perverse voices in ones head (analysts) can that be considered an upset.

Android Tablet market share hit 25% and Apples share is down to 56%. Didnt this happen to iPhone in the same way?

Microsoft has just launched Surface and im betting 2nd generation hardware will be a serious problem for Apple. Especially when Windows 8 Apps increase.

Share prices are forward looking and it seems that Apple is peaking and the competitors becoming better. Samsung already is the top smartphone manufacturer. Tablets are catching up.

Apples new iPad mini is just an expensive "me too" and shares dropped on the disappointment of that too.

Retina Macbook 13" offers zero value for its price and doesnt even have a GPU and overpriced SSD's and no way to upgrade.

So things are really looking up for Apple! hence the $100 drop in share price in 1 week.

Bezetos

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2012
far away from an Apple store
I think you need to grow up and get your facts right.

Unless Germany and a plethora of other countries are also in America?
You get your facts right chap, many of the decisions in other countries have been overruled on appeal. Plus, a "plethora"? Name three.

Google stole iOS
Don't be ridiculous mate.
...and Samsung copied Apples designs, boxing, cables, advertising and accessories.
We've gone through this a million times. This is a manipulative exaggeration.

Do us all a favour and either play with some traffic or join an Spamdroid forum
That guy is sticking to facts my friend and he has the right to post his opinions here too.

Darknight670

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2009
A Stupid/childish Trial by Samsung led to a stupid/childish ruling by a Judge which resulted in a stupid/childish response by Apple.

prowlmedia

Suspended
Jan 26, 2010
London
I just ordered 40k worth. Even if it drops like crazy, I will get back a lot by next earnings announcement :D
So yea, I'm a shareholder and I AM laughing ;)

I bought 50K in 2009 at 85 - And sold just under 700 :) I am happy enough.

*edit* Just checked - was 89 and 694...

not boasting here jut very lucky.. Sold my flat just before market tanked and couldn't find a new place so just rented and thought I'd take a punt with some of my equity. Knew the iPhone was only going to sell more and then the iPad and it went mental.

I just have to wonder what they can do next to top it! Going to have to be a Proper Television home hub - but they are going to be expensive devices.

I suspect they are working on the next gen OSX with full touch capability - perhaps other input methods... just not in this Win8 half arsed way I hope.

Last edited:

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
See the kicker here is that Judge was the one who said that, not Apple.

I know that, but it was Apple who chose to include the words. It sounds like sour grapes is all. Apple sometimes needs to just grow up and accept that they lost this one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.