Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

128KMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
I've been through MotoRoker, Rocketfish and Plantronics with my iPhones (3GS and 4). Moto had good sound but the buds wouldn't stay in when running. Rocketfish, good sound and range, but eventually died, and the hard plastic connection from one side to the other got in the way wearing bike helmets and when doing floor exercises. Plantronics fit nice and had a flexible back, but the bluetooth connection while riding my bike was AWFUL!....

So - any suggestions or other experiences out there

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
These are about to be released:

http://arriva.com/leo/index.html

I pre-ordered a pair in July. I'm hoping they fit my need for a pair of wireless Bluetooth headphones for running and exercising. The pre-orders are supposed to ship the 30th. I'll up when I get my pair and let you know how they are.

128KMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Wooden & Doctor Q...

Thanks for the feedback. I think I am going to try the Leos from Arriva..... Here's hoping....

128KMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
The Jaybird JF3 Freedom:
http://www.jaybirdgear.com/jf3/bluetooth-headphones-features.html

I like it because:
1) I am a runner - it says snugly in my ears during my runs
2) It doesn't DIE from my sweat...and I sweat a lot! (killed 4 pairs of Motorola S9-HDs, and 2 pairs of Motorola S10's)
3) The battery life is pretty good...considering its size and weight (it is very light)

Good to hear they stay in the ears. Any problems with reception? I saw some reviews of this that said it was VERY picky about where your iPhone (or whatever music source) was located, and I tend to put in a pocket on the right side of my bike shorts.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Good to hear they stay in the ears. Any problems with reception? I saw some reviews of this that said it was VERY picky about where your iPhone (or whatever music source) was located, and I tend to put in a pocket on the right side of my bike shorts.

Yep, stay away.

imac9556

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2004

Hi,
I do not have any problems with reception. I run with my iPhone in an armband, or holding it in my left hand, or have it in my left pocket and do not have any reception issues. As a matter of fact, it has better reception than my Moto S9-HDs and S10s!
They sell these headphones at best buy...look for one of those reward zone 15 or 20% off coupons and they are pretty reasonable. Plus if you do not like them, you can return them much easier than buying it online.

128KMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Hi,
I do not have any problems with reception. I run with my iPhone in an armband, or holding it in my left hand, or have it in my left pocket and do not have any reception issues. As a matter of fact, it has better reception than my Moto S9-HDs and S10s!
They sell these headphones at best buy...look for one of those reward zone 15 or 20% off coupons and they are pretty reasonable. Plus if you do not like them, you can return them much easier than buying it online.

Imac9556- thanks for the BestBuy tip

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
bluetooth does not like to go thru the body - so if phone is in back pocket transmitting to phones in front (top) it can be intermittent....

I use waterproof std phones from h2oaudio connected to a bluetrek BT receiver

dbsoccer14

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
exercise headphones

Hey I've been using my jaybird wireless headphones and they work great. No cut outs and very comfortable when i'm running. Check out bluetoothsports.com they have a couple different high end brands that helped me pick my headphones.

krick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2009
I've been using the Novero Rockaways for a couple months now and they've been fantastic. The only complaint I had about them was the supplied tips which didn't provide a very secure hold, but I swapped them out for some Complys and they haven't fallen out once.

TSKY74

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2012
I've used the Jaybird Freedoms all summer. Works well. I like the various options they give you to keep them snug in your ears. They are also sweatproof. I run with an armband and have no reception issues. Jaybird just released a smaller version too.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I've been happy with my Denon Exercise Freaks.

I know some people have had issues when using them with a device in their pocket. However, I use an arm band so I have not had any connection issues with my iPhone 5.

mikee336

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2009

Just as a quick follow up (Not sure if you've made your decision or not yet). I use the Jarbird freedoms and love them. My iPhone stays in my gym bag while I lift so at any given moment they're a good full body length or more away and tucked away inside of a duffel bag and I have no reception issues what so ever. Been using them for around a year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.