Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Usehername

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
Why would it be needed when there are plenty of apps for it?
With Siri now being able to open apps, I can quickly say 'open flashlight' and one will turn on.

With a native app they could probably do the same thing with it that did they for camera. Lock screen access. You do have a point about Siri, if Siri is enabled for lock screen use you could have the flashlight app launched from there.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
If you go into camera and switch it to video, then change the flash to "on", then it's a flashlight. Just an alternative...

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
should be an option in the notification center. opening an app for every little thing is annoying and time consuming.

thx god for jb tweaks

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I'd like the idea of Siri being able to do it but I wouldn't want it anywhere else in the phone. People who want an app can get it, everyone else has Siri. That would be fine, I think.

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
should be an option in the notification center. opening an app for every little thing is annoying and time consuming.

thx god for jb tweaks

If apple ever lets us buy widgets for the notification center, that will be the first one added, I assure you.

Texran

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2011
Texas
Will there ever be one?

Why would apple want to make a native one when they get paid for the ones that are purchased.
There are some applications like camera, and weather they've included. Basic ones that force you to buy others if you want more features and control.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.