Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
You gotta to be kidding.

Apple is about making profits. So why not branch out it other countries. Just because apple is an American company doesn't mean it should only focus on American customers. The world outside of America is huge.

When there was a Wii shortage Japanese people weren't whining about there should be enough wiis at ho,e before the rest of the world.

You act as there is a food shortage . So what you got to wait 3 for a new igagdet. That's a first world problem my friend.

I'm not kidding at all. Look into your countries duty fees.

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
I'm not kidding at all. Look into your countries duty fees.

its only 5% here in Qatar. and there is no sales tax.

but my point isnt the price so much. my point is that it is ignorant of you to think that america should get their iphone 5s before anyone else in the world.

as an american who has traveled a lot ive notice that we are very isolated people when it comes to the rest of the world. somehow we think we are better than the rest.

the statement that you made and others have made on this thread proves this point.

and just so you know there are shortages all over.

asharom

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2008
Shah Alam, Malaysia
'Happy' (not) to update that the only iPhone 5's in Malaysia right now are those coming from anywhere but Malaysia.

I think by the time they actually arrive, the iPhone 5S will be a reality.

Same goes for the iPad mini - retina will probably be out before the mini get's to our shores.

Seems like Apple may have really been overly optimistic when they claimed the 100+ countries to get the iPhone by years' end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.