Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macchiato2009

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2009
Starck has been creating 2 or 3 nice stuff and made his reputation.

since then, he has done of lot of c*ap and everybody is adulating him because of his past reputation

Cedd

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2006
Nr London, UK
I hope the crew can't access Facebook or Twitter from those iMacs while they are sailing:

"Big icy things coming this way, LOL..."

PAC88

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2009
This ship obviously sacrificed some aesthetics in order to maximize deck space.. I think it's an interesting design but wouldn't be my first choice (if I was a billionaire).

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Starck has been creating 2 or 3 nice stuff and made his reputation.

since then, he has done of lot of c*ap and everybody is adulating him because of his past reputation

If you stand back a bit and look at the lower, mid, and upper deck structure from midship back there is something. To me it is a very "Zen Like" design. The aft structures do have a Buddhist Temple type appearance to their shape and sizing. It is a very minimalistic design. Very much like Steve's House. And, there is no way Steve would build a boat that does not haul ass. In time the details will come out. This baby will go. :apple:

Last edited:

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
Looks like a barge designed by Mies van der Rohe. The iMacs look pretty stoopid in a wheelhouse

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
You never even met the man.

He was a dick.

He demanded the best out of people - and people tend to be lazy and produce shoddy, sub-standard work when their nose isn't pressed to the grindstone.

Steve was good at grinding noses, so to speak.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
Man is that thing FUGLY. It looks boxy instead of sleek.

And the idea that three people will consume such ostentatious wealth, merely for their luxury entertainment, is sickening.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
Very misleading without a view from the front. I'm guessing it's only 4 feet thin. It'll tip over! :eek:

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
I wonder if they will be able to replace the battery or will they have to build another yacht.

They will simply travel to the iYacht store and the friendly Genius will be happy to do it for you - for a fee.

----------

For people who think this is ugly, take a look at what most super-rich-people yachts look like:

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-expensive-yachts-2011-6?op=1

It is sleek and well-proportioned, and seems to have a lot of usable space.

e: Ugh, the Maltese Falcon is the only non-generic one, and it's even worse than the rest.

I'm not sure why you think something like this is ugly.

dubai-350m.jpg

It looks sleek and well-proportioned, with lots of usable space. And a helipad too!

NumberNine

macrumors regular
May 12, 2011
The glare off those iMacs should be a help to the captain and his crew.

Cheers to all the suckers who camped out in line to help pay for that.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I just came up with a interesting idea for a unique Apple store idea. A floating Apple Store that could go to areas of the world (that are relatively safe) that don't have a Apple store in the country/region. Of course, you would need a small army to protect such valuable stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.