Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Why should he give his money away? We all start with nothing, if you want someone to become rich and give millions to charity; do it yourself.

Have some respect for the dead.
Oops... Looks like I hit a sensitive nerve.

Fact:
The massive increase in APPL stock value vs the price I paid to buy more year after year from 1991 forward, has already made me a staggering amount.

Fact:
I've done more philanthropy work that that man ever though of.

Fact:
Stating my views on the prior CEO's greed doesn't mean I don't respect his obvious accomplishments. There's a big difference.

Lookup the word "assumption" and you'll understand where you went wrong.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
I have been in some pretty rough seas and I can tell you there are real benefits to physical, analog, sensors and guages for basic functions. 99% of the time those computer displays are just fine, but it is when you are in a strong storm or hit something that you judge your facilities.

I expect this is a "fair weather" ship.

Excellent points.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
Even sadder is the fact that Steve was so poor he couldn't give back to society.

Even his fellow pauper Bill Gates has given back some of his wealth, oops, I mean pennies.

Steve Jobs goes down in history as an exemplary example of a greedy man.

But hey... he concealed it well. Just like this canoe :)

Oh ****, if you work hard to make yourself a lot of money you're not automatically under an obligation to give it away.

Additionally, Steve Jobs was said to have given a lot of money to charity anonymously because he hated publicity, and Apple raised a lot of money for Product (RED).

koa

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2005
Hawaii
I'd really like to see shots of the inside. The thumbnails on the 9-5mac article show at least end of the metal plates opening. I bet there is all sorts of hidden functionality.

ifixit teardown will be posted shortly.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Wow, talk about overcompensating.

Seriously? That's a drop in the bucket for Steve Jobs. He might not have been trying to be wealthy like Larry Ellison, Bill Gates, etc...but he was no slouch and deserves to enjoy the fruits of his labor. I hope the Jobs family thoroughly enjoys this yacht!

macfrom90

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2007
apple store

When the family is done with it, it would make a really cool gigantic floating apple store. It could attract hundreds of thousands of people at every port it stopped at in countries that have no apple stores.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.