Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:14 PM   #1
kweevuss
macrumors newbie

OSX Server Wifi Sharing

Hello All,

I recently purchased a new mac mini server. I am currently using it in my dorm room at college with my mac book pro. My idea was to do internet sharing from my mini to all my devices (iphone, ipad, MBP). Before I got my mini I was doing internet sharing from my MBP without an issue. When I try to share my connect from ethernet to wifi on my mini, clients can pick up the SSID and connect. But DNS is not working for the client, I have even tried to set static DNS IPs (googles 8.8.8.8) and my college's servers. For what ever reason I have 1 ethernet jack in my room, and no wifi signal on my floor (don't ask me why). This is why I wanted to do this, and instead of having to leave my MBP on most of the time, i would rather the mini be the one sharing the connection.

I have checked again, and when the MBP shares the wifi, it works fine. But DNS will not work when it is shared through my mini.

Any thoughts?
kweevuss is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking