Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oklaonion

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2011
Starcraft II is RTS, fun, and Multiplayer. So I guess that qualifies ?

This. Age of Empires II was my favorite strategy game for years - now it's StarCraft II. You could play that game FOREVER. The campaign is actually pretty good too.

Aspyr-Blair

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2012
Austin Tx
do you remember age of mythology. I used to love that game.

Age of Mythology is in my top 5 for sure! LOVED that game. Way more fun than Age of Empires for me, even though it played exactly the same. Unfortunately, it was never ported to the Mac properly if I remember correctly.

I second Starcraft II for a great RTS. If you want something a little more slow paced, but still in the vein of the Age series, you could try Star Wars: Empire at War. Playing Boba Fett in space combat NEVER gets old!

MacGamerHQ

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
Lyon, France
You can also try company of heroes.

It is campaign only (the mac version anyway) but is IMO the best strategy game you can get (ok, the best, tied with Starcraft 2).

Cheers!

RyanMonkey7

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2012
Someone ported Age of Mythology and added Gold to the end so it works on Lion and above. It's on a well known torrent site if you want it.

N33t

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2011
I am also a big SCII fan. A few points to note, however:

• There is an expansion coming out soon (currently in beta), after which the price of the original game ("Wings of Liberty") should drop.
  • The multiplayer RTS element is demanding. It is not in any way like a turn based strategy game. Serious time commitment is required if you want to move up the multiplayer rankings.
  • If you get into it there is planned third installment to look forward to!

If you are less interested in working on your APM and want a relaxed MMO, WoW is always a safe bet. It increasingly caters to casual players.

EVE Online is probably also worth a mention if you want an MMO with a strong community.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.