Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
More fun with autumn color...

Inbound.jpg

Nice to have you back, P.

Here's one of dusk, through a FL-W filter, of the Portland skyline two weekends ago.
portland201210205425.jpg

snyder7

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2012

More from a recent hike to Snoqualmie Pass near Seattle. 3 exposures blended together using luminosity masks, advanced selections and free hand blending

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
You live in such a beautifull part of the world Doylem, and you represent it beautifully in all your pictures.

Well, thank you. The Lake District is beautiful, sure enough, though it's still very easy to take crap pictures of beautiful places! The light changes from day to day, minute to minute, so being out on the fells may be soggy... but it's never boring...

Helm Crag...

helmmr.jpg

snyder7

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2012

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
I hope I won't confuse anyone by resurrecting this thread. I was traveling and didn't have a chance to reply at the end of October.

I just love every one of your photos. You provide great inspiration. I wish I lived where you do.

Thanks, fireman32. It's very kind of you to say that. Slovenia is full of beautiful scenery, but I do often have to drive for an hour or two to get to the best bits. I frequently stay in hotels only a couple of hours away from home so that I can spend more time in an area and more easily shoot sunrises and whatnot.

Nice to have you back, P.

Here's one of dusk, through a FL-W filter, of the Portland skyline two weekends ago.

Thanks for saying that, fcortese. It's so nice to be back out shooting again and to be back here sharing with my fellow MR photographers. :)

Beautiful... and great timing. These little details make all the difference, I reckon. Another example of how waiting for one pic to 'come together' can be better than getting 20 shots that are just OK...

I really enjoyed my weekend wandering the fells... saying "hi" to Harry the Herdwick...

sheepnew.jpg

Thanks, Doylem. This shot of yours with the sheep is fantastic. The color palette, the light, the composition, the timing, the perfectly adorable sheep...just wonderful.

I've loved every shot you've taken of this beautiful hill. If I ever make it up to that region, I hope you'll tell me where it is! I would love to photograph it myself someday.

Thank you BarryJ!

And yes, Tony is I believe, the guy who if not invented at least systematized Luminosity Masks. Not a very intuitive process but one that can produce terrific results.

I don't know Tony, but I have been using luminosity masks (in essence, but in an adapted fashion that fits my photography) for a couple of years now. Used selectively, it's a technique that can transcend "camera vision", as I call it, with very natural results. ("Camera Vision" is the way I think of a camera's limitations in capturing a scene, especially anything with a wide dynamic range.)

Super cute and very well done!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.