Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:22 PM   #1
misterc0w
macrumors newbie

iPad Mini with Cellular Pre-order Thread

Here is a post to separate out the folks that ordered the iPad Mini with cellular. I originally had a 11/19 delivery date, but now it says mid-November.
misterc0w is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:00 PM   #2
HDJulie
macrumors Demi-God

I ordered an iPad 4 cellular & an iPad mini cellular Friday morning. Mine changed from Nov 26th & Nov 23rd to ships Mid-November as well.
HDJulie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:08 PM   #3
Izzybeff
macrumors member

Mine also changed from Nov. 23 to Mid November. I really hope we get them on the 16th like others were talking about. It's killing me that everyone else is getting there's on Friday and we have to wait!

This is my first pre-order and I'm so excited, but bummed that everyone will be posting pictures and playing with their new ipad while we are still waiting!
Izzybeff is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:10 PM   #4
djransom
macrumors 68040

I'm tempted to pre-order one as I just sold my iPad 3 LTE. Why the delay for the mini LTE version anyhow?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:16 PM   #5
jonfarr
macrumors 6502

UPDATE: My iPad mini w/ LTE still has not shipped.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:25 PM   #6
TJ61
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfarr View Post
UPDATE: My iPad mini w/ LTE still has not shipped.
Hey, then I call "no fair" having it in your sig!

But seriously, I called MyApple yesterday and asked if LTE Mini could arrive before Thanksgiving. She said all she knew was it would be sometime between 21st(?) and 27th.

Regards,
Tom
TJ61 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:27 PM   #7
Eragon
macrumors newbie

My mini also shows only shipping in mid-November as well. Otherwise, still in processing stage.
Eragon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:41 PM   #8
Txjole
macrumors member

Mine say mid-Nov as well, but confirmed i'm still set up for next day air and was told the storm up east is the reason for the date change on everyones order status page.
Txjole is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:07 PM   #9
jonfarr
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ61 View Post

Regards,
Tom
Touche
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:17 PM   #10
djransom
macrumors 68040

Just put in an order for a 16GB AT&T LTE and my ship date says mid November as well. For those who received free overnight shipping, did you call and ask to be upgraded?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ61 View Post

But seriously, I called MyApple yesterday and asked if LTE Mini could arrive before Thanksgiving. She said all she knew was it would be sometime between 21st(?) and 27th.

Regards,
Tom
That should not be considered mid November. Mid November to me would be 15th-20th IMO.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:25 PM   #11
schulzmc
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by djransom View Post
Just put in an order for a 16GB AT&T LTE and my ship date says mid November as well. For those who received free overnight shipping, did you call and ask to be upgraded?[COLOR="#808080"]

I did not select expedited shipping when I ordered, and originally my order said it would arrive Nov. 23. I called to see if I could upgrade the shipping and was told I don't have to - since it is a new product release they all will be shipped the fastest way possible, even though my order says standard shipping. BTW - mine now simply says "mid-November" as well instead of Nov. 23.
schulzmc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:30 PM   #12
Eragon
macrumors newbie

If these devices are coming in from China, why would disruptions in NY, and NJ impact deliveries elsewhere?
Eragon is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:35 PM   #13
ToyGun1
macrumors regular

My both ipad 4 cellular 16gb and ipad mini 16gb cellular both shows late november both preordered on the 26th.
ToyGun1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:40 PM   #14
HDJulie
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by djransom View Post
Just put in an order for a 16GB AT&T LTE and my ship date says mid November as well. For those who received free overnight shipping, did you call and ask to be upgraded?

----------

That should not be considered mid November. Mid November to me would be 15th-20th IMO.
To be fair, the status says "Ships Mid November". It doesn't say Arrives :-). I'm hoping it will be like the WiFi only mini & arrive on launch day for the cellular.
HDJulie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:41 PM   #15
djransom
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
If these devices are coming in from China, why would disruptions in NY, and NJ impact deliveries elsewhere?
I'm assuming it would disrupt those in those cities that would be receiving them. I'm in Chicago and I don't think it would cause any disruption with my delivery, but stranger things have happened. I would just like to have it before I leave on the 21st.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by schulzmc View Post
I did not select expedited shipping when I ordered, and originally my order said it would arrive Nov. 23. I called to see if I could upgrade the shipping and was told I don't have to - since it is a new product release they all will be shipped the fastest way possible, even though my order says standard shipping. BTW - mine now simply says "mid-November" as well instead of Nov. 23.
Thank you for that info.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:52 PM   #16
Txjole
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schulzmc View Post
I do not think that is correct. I had mine as standard shipping and it showed a date of Nov 23rd, then I upgraded to next day air and it bumped it to Nov 19th. That was before everyone got the now standard "mid Nov"

----------

Next day air

Txjole is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:54 PM   #17
Baggio
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I thought the Mini was being made in Brazil.
Baggio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:00 PM   #18
HowardSmith
Banned

No cellular in my 64gb mini but my iPad 4 does have it and will be here later November.
HowardSmith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:02 PM   #19
Baggio
macrumors 6502

64 GB Black/Slate AT&T LTE
Ordered Friday, October 26th
Available to ship mid November
Baggio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:14 PM   #20
sheldonb95
macrumors newbie

Just got off the phone with Apple. They told me that all orders that were changed to "Ships in Mid-November" have most likely been delayed. They do not have a set release date for the 4G's. They even told me that some iPad Mini's with WiFi with November 2nd dates may even be delayed.
sheldonb95 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:27 PM   #21
sparks9
macrumors 6502a

Can you pre order for picking up in store?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:00 PM   #22
TheMadBrewer
macrumors regular

I forgot that Thanksgiving is a bit early this year -- won't be back home until Nov 27. So a little delay would be good for me
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:07 PM   #23
jrlepage
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txjole View Post
I do not think that is correct. I had mine as standard shipping and it showed a date of Nov 23rd, then I upgraded to next day air and it bumped it to Nov 19th. That was before everyone got the now standard "mid Nov"

----------

Next day air

Does your status still show the 19th as your delivery date?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 04:58 AM   #24
freejack
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txjole View Post
How did you change it to next day shipping? Don't see an option like that on my order.
freejack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 05:24 AM   #25
reputationZed
macrumors 65816

Quote:
My guess would be that the storm has lead to back ups at the various major hubs. So even though Memphis was not affected by Sandra there may be a significant back up at the Fed Ex hub of packages destined for the east coast.

Forgot to add - preordered on Friday morning. Estimated ship went from mid November to 23 November back to mid November

Last edited by reputationZed; Nov 1, 2012 at 07:20 AM.
reputationZed is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Tags
ipad mini, preorder, shipping