Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MT0227

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Is the case on the link that you mentioned a good case?

I think your only viable options are Speck Satin Black (it's semi transparent) or the Hard Candy Shell which doesn't appear to be available till November per their site.

golf1410

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA
I think your only viable options are Speck Satin Black (it's semi transparent) or the Hard Candy Shell which doesn't appear to be available till November per their site.

Hard Candy promised to ship it at the end of September and then they moved it to 15 October and then they moved it to at the end of October and then they moved it to November.

saintsfan

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
Waterfield Cases UK

Hey guys,

I was interested in either getting the Cityslicker ($149) or the Smart Case ($99) by Waterfield. I'm currently in the UK and as the website says international shipping does not include customs and VAT. So I was wondering if anyone from tha UK whose ordered one of these, has paid for customs and VAT. Thanks.

charpi

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2006
Hi guys,

Anyone has any experience with the Booq Mamba Courier

http://www.booqbags.com/us/shoulder-bags/mamba-courier/MCR15-GRY

or the Incase Heathered Shoulder Bag

http://goincase.com/products/detail/heathered-shoulder-bag-cl60029

would like to share some experiences?

I would love to get either of them when I get my rMBP and I was wondering if I could fit a

- External battery (think Hypermac) + some sort of solar charger
- Maybe the rMBP Magsafe adapter
- Camera, mirrorless (think Sony NEX or Fuji X100)
- rMBP
- couple of USB thumbdrives
- a mini portable tripod
- iPad + some slim keyboard (Logitech solor keyboard)
- Windows Surface + keyboard
- Couple of cables
- Earphone + Amplifier (Think JH3A, or Platform Pure 6)

With the camera, and the earphones easily accessible on the go.

Thank you :)

bbasra

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2012
Anyone know the cheapest place to get a Speck SmartShell for 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display in the UK? The online Apple Store has it for £39.99 plus delivery.

vito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
Anyone know the cheapest place to get a Speck SmartShell for 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display in the UK? The online Apple Store has it for £39.99 plus delivery.

I want one too can't decide between the black or clear, which one you going for?

Apple Retail stores don't seem to have any stock at all. Apple online is now showing availability of 1-3 weeks depending on colour.

Black Version:

http://www.jigsaw24.com/product-details/g640aad

Clear Version:

http://www.jigsaw24.com/product-details/g639aad

£34.80 + delivery (not sure what they charge)

- Just checked delivery details and it says: Standard (2-3 days) Free!

bbasra

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2012
I want one too can't decide between the black or clear, which one you going for?

Apple Retail stores don't seem to have any stock at all. Apple online is now showing availability of 1-3 weeks depending on colour.

Black Version:

http://www.jigsaw24.com/product-details/g640aad

Clear Version:

http://www.jigsaw24.com/product-details/g639aad

£34.80 + delivery (not sure what they charge)

- Just checked delivery details and it says: Standard (2-3 days) Free!

Thanks for that. I'm going to get the black i think. Will order one now.

vito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
Thanks for that. I'm going to get the black i think. Will order one now.

Save a few quid there buying from Jigsaw, that's what I'm going to do!

I think i'll go with the clear quite possibly, like the original finish of the MBPr however it could show scratches more prominently over the black.

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
Does anybody have the Chrome Krakow bag? There seems to be only 2 real basic reviews online.. I would love to have some input on this backpack.

Thanks

bbasra

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2012
Just received my Speck SeeThru Satin Black Hard Shell Case for 15" MBP Retina Display and scared of using it.

The edges are sharp and it says to remove the case every month to clean any debris as this may scratch the macbook.

I don't want to be in a situation where i'm trying to keep my macbook in pristine condition using this case and the case caused the scratches.

What are your experience's? :confused:

StefanYFC

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Just wanted to say Picaso Lab refined his cases and changed to a texture leather, I think the result is great. He also retooled his process and cut down on the size of the actual case. He said they're significantly more durable and the result is a lot more consistant.

06Euph.jpg

the rest are here:

Album

Birdmagnus

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2012
Just received my Speck SeeThru Satin Black Hard Shell Case for 15" MBP Retina Display and scared of using it.

The edges are sharp and it says to remove the case every month to clean any debris as this may scratch the macbook.

I don't want to be in a situation where i'm trying to keep my macbook in pristine condition using this case and the case caused the scratches.

What are your experience's? :confused:

I bought one of the clear case a few weeks after it came out and i've been taking it off every week to clean my rmbp. Haven't notice any scratches so far.

EatMyApple

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2008
Just wanted to say Picaso Lab refined his cases and changed to a texture leather, I think the result is great. He also retooled his process and cut down on the size of the actual case. He said they're significantly more durable and the result is a lot more consistant.

the rest are here:

Album

Do you have case dimensions of before and after his retooling? I'm curious as to how much smaller the case is now.

GrumbleFly

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Really interested in the Speck Satin SeeThru, but I also plan to be a power user with Games and video editing, After Effects... etc. So I am very concerned about overheating... Any power users have experience with this?

dragonev

macrumors member
May 28, 2011
UK
I would recommend everyone to go for hardshell case. Most of the damages occur during your work with the device. This is not something you can resolve with the bag. I've just received my rubberized case for rMBP 15" and it looks gorgeous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.