Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Of course there is.

Try listening to classic rock bands like Deep Purple, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, ELP, Yes, Small Faces, The Animals, Iron Butterfly, etc...

Grey Beard

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2005
The Antipodes.
Wally, Take a quick google (YouTube) search under Virgil Fox, live at Fillmore East. and especially watch the clip with Joe's Light Show. That is the heavy organ at it's very best.

KGB:cool:

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Samples are being used, I'm not aware of real organs being used for modern music since ages.

Most bands are using "clone wheel" organs which accurately emulate the Hammond B3 (and also the Vox Continental & Farfisa Compact) and don't need a fork lift truck to load on stage every night. :)

emvath

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2009
Here you go:

Here you go. This is rock and or roll:

Last edited by a moderator:

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
The Doors had some superb songs which featured organ music, the classic "Light My Fire" comes to mind.

I'm pretty certain that The Stranglers - especially some of their early stuff made impressive use of organ music, for example, the songs, (or tunes) 'No More Heroes', (listen to the instrumental section), 'Waltzinblack', 'No More Heroes' and so on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.