Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ADIRDAM23

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Iphone 5 deliver 11/2

My card has a pending charge today, when i look for tracking number with my preorder number, it says "will ship by 11/2" with no status or anything. When should I expect my phone? I am on verizon and ordered a 16 gb black iphone. I ordered on 10/14

KDM76

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Colorado
I ordered 10/13 and my credit card was charged yesterday I was wondering how long it takes to receive a tracking number?

I ordered 10/12 and my card was charged yesterday too. I still have no tracking number and when I call Verizon they are no help with getting me one.

thood10

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah mine is saying the same I ordered 10/13, still no tracking number. Ours are probably all in the same batch it sounds like. Lol I was just hoping I could get it tomorrow for sure. Heard of any deliveries on Saturdays?

KDM76

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Colorado
Yeah mine is saying the same I ordered 10/13, still no tracking number. Ours are probably all in the same batch it sounds like. Lol I was just hoping I could get it tomorrow for sure. Heard of any deliveries on Saturdays?

I have called Verizon twice today and both time they told me I would have my phone by end of day tomorrow. I don't see that happening at all and when I asked how they knew that with no tracking # to go off of they had no answer for me. I know that is mt town I have seen FedeX out on Sat.

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2011
USA
My card has a pending charge today, when i look for tracking number with my preorder number, it says "will ship by 11/2" with no status or anything. When should I expect my phone? I am on verizon and ordered a 16 gb black iphone. I ordered on 10/14

Hmm lucky, I ordered the same exact phone on the same date and haven't been charged or notified of anything yet :/

tomtendo

Suspended
Aug 29, 2009
Florida
iPhone 5 16GB;Black was delivered today at 2:30PM ET. Ordered 10/8/12. 3 weeks.

Posting this because I am glad I don't have to read this thread ever again/listen to people bitch. Wait. Your time will come.

ADIRDAM23

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
So you werent reading this thread to find out the same thing but rather to see people complain-even though you dont like it? Interesting. Congrats on your phone!

tomtendo

Suspended
Aug 29, 2009
Florida
So you werent reading this thread to find out the same thing but rather to see people complain-even though you dont like it? Interesting. Congrats on your phone!

No, I followed along. I'm talking about the kids pointing their fingers at apple, verizon, or him/her about them getting it before etc.

thood10

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2012
WELLL my phone has finally shipped but won't have it until Monday. Good Luck to you all I'm sure you'll see activity today or tomorrow.

Bruins Fan

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2012
Boston, MA
Mine has shipped and was supposed to be in a couple days ago, until it was delayed by a couple days, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Anyone who has been delayed by Sandy:

Has your fedex page even... updated? Like I got two shipment exception notices because of inclement weather, but all of yesterday and today I haven't seen anything about a shipment notice or any progress for my phone. I'm hoping that FedEx is just slow to update their tracking page but that the phone is actually in transit right now.

Mine was first scanned by FedEx on 10/28 at West Chester, PA (near Philly) on Sunday. They scanned it a few more times on 10-29 and 10-30 at Linwood, PA. No scans since 10-30 at 8:33am, so I called FedEx today and they put a trace on it. I was called back and told it has not been scanned since it is now in a container with other "Verizon packages" awaiting departure. I was told passenger flights from Philadelphia Int'l Airport have been given priority over cargo flights, so FedEx hasn't been getting enough departures out to get everything moving (seems pretty plausible...PHL is only 60 or so miles from Atlantic City and the Jersey shore). They told me they are hopeful that my package may get out tonight with all the rest of the VZW packages in that container.

chazlawyer

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2011
Anyone else noticing a lag in their FedEx shipping? My tracking shows that it arrived at the facility in Memphis, TN at 7:30 last night but hasn't moved since. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this or if there is some unusual delay because of the weather (it's getting shipped to MA - but things are fine here now).

wheresmyphone5

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Since 95% of the posts are for the 16gb iPhone, has anyone received their 32gb ahead of the 3 week shipping date?

I ordered 2 iPhones, 32gb black, on 10/26 through the Verizon website.

hecalder

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
International Falls, MN
Now less than 15 days!

Ordered on 10/21/2012 assuming 16gb blacks x2 it should ship by the 16th of Nov. And all iphone5's regardless of gbs have the 16th any orders placed latest today. on foward will be after the 21st of November... So average is 20-22 days from day of order. :apple:

mrobit

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
Mine was first scanned by FedEx on 10/28 at West Chester, PA (near Philly) on Sunday. They scanned it a few more times on 10-29 and 10-30 at Linwood, PA. No scans since 10-30 at 8:33am, so I called FedEx today and they put a trace on it. I was called back and told it has not been scanned since it is now in a container with other "Verizon packages" awaiting departure. I was told passenger flights from Philadelphia Int'l Airport have been given priority over cargo flights, so FedEx hasn't been getting enough departures out to get everything moving (seems pretty plausible...PHL is only 60 or so miles from Atlantic City and the Jersey shore). They told me they are hopeful that my package may get out tonight with all the rest of the VZW packages in that container.

Ughhhh. That's frustrating. I'd really like to get this phone before the weekend but that doesn't seem like it's gonna happen now. Unless, of course, they deliver it on saturdays, but I'm not sure that these iPhones are eligible for a saturday delivery.

Thanks for the heads up, anyway. Saves me a call to FedEx.

PittShark

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Anyone else noticing a lag in their FedEx shipping? My tracking shows that it arrived at the facility in Memphis, TN at 7:30 last night but hasn't moved since. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this or if there is some unusual delay because of the weather (it's getting shipped to MA - but things are fine here now).

I'm seeing the same thing. I don't think there's any problem, someone else mentioned that they were told that there's the potential for less location scans than on a normal package cause a lot of these phones are shipping together in large containers or something like that.

I have confidence that come tomorrow we'll both see 'out for delivery' under the status. Yep.....always the optimist. :cool:

Bruins Fan

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2012
Boston, MA
Ughhhh. That's frustrating. I'd really like to get this phone before the weekend but that doesn't seem like it's gonna happen now. Unless, of course, they deliver it on saturdays, but I'm not sure that these iPhones are eligible for a saturday delivery.

Thanks for the heads up, anyway. Saves me a call to FedEx.

Yeah, no Saturday delivery. I see that noted on my tracking. If it does ship out tonight, good chance we'll see them tomorrow. Otherwise, it'll be next week.

ADIRDAM23

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Just got notified my phone has been shipped

Estimated delivery Nov 5, 2012 by 4:30 PM

Ordered 10/14 black 16gb

Last edited:

ml05482

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2009
Just got notified my phone has been shipped

Estimated delivery Nov 5, 2012 by 4:30 PM

Ordered 10/14 black 16gb

Same here - ordered a black 16gb on 10/13. Credit card was charged yesterday, got the shipping info today...delivery by 11/5.

daboom

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Yesterday, I received a tracking number from Verizon. I tracked my order many times. It shows up at Memphis, TN. It has been a day in the same place. Finally I just saw that the FedEx scanned from Memphis airport or something... It will be here tomorrow!

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2011
USA
omgomgomgomgomgomgomg finally got charged and my order has been sent for processing!!! No tracking yet, but I'm guessing it will be here Monday or tomorrow if they're somehow CRAZY fast :p SO HAPPY!!!:D:D:D

KDM76

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Colorado
16g black ordered on 10/12----card charged today and now have tracking info saying it is sitting in TN. it is coming to CO and should be here on 11/5 by 7pm. i hope since it will either fly into denver or colorado springs that is might get here sooner. some one mentioned that their tracking info said no sat delv. here is that found?

KDM76

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Colorado
just called Fedex and if you phone was shipped today with 2nd day service you will not get it till monday or tuesday. she also said that leaving a signed note on the door would not work and that there was nothing on their website that you could print off and leave. does anybody else know if this is true? has anybody else called fedex and got different info from them? she said that a saturday delivery cost $15 extra so that is why verizon does not allow it.

mrobit

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
Yeah, no Saturday delivery. I see that noted on my tracking. If it does ship out tonight, good chance we'll see them tomorrow. Otherwise, it'll be next week.

BAH. Of course. Full month wait for a phone... not a happy camper.

Edit: welp our phones departed Newark, NJ. So that's something! Hopefully I get mine tomorrow. You definitely should considering you're in Mass. Highfive! </borat>

Last edited:

Chargr

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
So I want to do an account transfer tomorrow before activating the phone? Ill be home after 8pm can I do this over the phone? or do I need to go to a verizon store?

Cuz once Im home I want to use my iphone asap haha, I dont wanna wait until saturday to activate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.