Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Cool, thanks.

How's the voice transmission on both ends for this iteration?

The sound quality on both ends are perfect tried it with my wife with no echoing at all, the fact that they took the goretex off the earpiece is cool, didn't think it would work but it actually sounds great.

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Can you please take a few pics side by side with the iphone? I want to see how much bulk it adds since I use my phone on a carrying pouch...Thanks

I would but I cleaned my phone rigorously as to not get dust or specks between the screen and case and I have it perfect to where I want it. Don't wanna go through that again. Sorry, I have OCD. ;)

Last edited:

bwsteg

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2012
Queens NY
I would but I cleaned my phone rigorously as to not get dust or specks between the screen and case and I have it perfect to where I want it. Don't wanna go through that again. Sorry, I have OCD. ;)

No problem, can you measure the thickness and length/height instead? Thanks

LittleGwen

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
USA
A question for the OP, just out of pure curiousity... what kind of work do you do? Do you work someplace where something like this is required to keep your phone protected? Or do you like to spend a lot of time outdoors?

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
Any chance of some pics with the dock cover open, from a couple of different angles?

Just trying to work out if it would work with the dock in my car.

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
No problem, can you measure the thickness and length/height instead? Thanks

Dimensions:
5.41” x 2.64” x 0.48” or in mm if u prefer 137.52 mm x 67.1 mm x 12.18 mm

Weight:
1.05 oz / 29.8 g

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
A question for the OP, just out of pure curiousity... what kind of work do you do? Do you work someplace where something like this is required to keep your phone protected? Or do you like to spend a lot of time outdoors?

I'm a paramedic/firefighter. So it's needed.

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Any chance of some pics with the dock cover open, from a couple of different angles?

Just trying to work out if it would work with the dock in my car.

Don't know if it'll fit without the 0.2mm lighting to 30 pin adapter or the original charge cable that came with the phone, but here's some pics anyways.
a8uhazu7.jpg

ajaja2ys.jpg

ra5etavu.jpg

amehene7.jpg

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
Awesome pictures, thanks for posting. I have two questions.
1) Does the screen protector float above the iPhones actually screen, or does it adhere to it?
2) Can you post a picture of the back of the case with the phone in it? I want to see how it looks, especially the logo cutout.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I've been waiting for my email from Lifeproof with no luck.:(

Can you post a picture showing the back with the Apple logo?
How is the build quality of the case?

Thanks.

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Awesome pictures, thanks for posting. I have two questions.
1) Does the screen protector float above the iPhones actually screen, or does it adhere to it?
2) Can you post a picture of the back of the case with the phone in it? I want to see how it looks, especially the logo cutout.

The screen is flush with the iP5 screen except by the home button and ear piece the actual screen area feels like there's no screen at all.
And here's a pic of the back:
zy4ysabe.jpg

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
That's HOTT :)

I'm a little worried that bumps from the inside of the plastic back will scratch or leave marks on the black iPhone 5.

What do you think?

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
That's HOTT :)

I'm a little worried that bumps from the inside of the plastic back will scratch or leave marks on the black iPhone 5.

What do you think?

Don't know about that, it is kinda snug in the case, there is no play in the case for it to shift. But who knows what a few months of use could do.

Hurley82989

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
sorry to keep inundating you with questions, but how recessed is the headphone jack? will basically only the stock headphones or headphones with a slim, straight jack work?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Yea, you just breath on the black iPhone 5 and you will have damage.
Wonder if the back would safer with a clear like screen protector on it before putting into the Lifeproof case?

How did you get it so fast?

I signed up for the Lifeproof update on the first or second day and still have not seen the purchase email. :(

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
sorry to keep inundating you with questions, but how recessed is the headphone jack? will basically only the stock headphones or headphones with a slim, straight jack work?

It's actually a lot recessed. Don't know if anything other than the one they give you would fit. Plus I don't use that port often so I have nothing to try it out with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.