Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:14 PM   #1
lplplpx3
macrumors newbie

Do all apps have to built and complied using Xcode?

I have used a software that has allowed me to design and create a screensaver app for Mac OSX which I would like to submit to the Apple store. After completing the process the file ends up in the .app format.

Is this the final format I need to submit to the Apple store through a Developer account? I am getting confused with Xcode, binary files, application loader etc. as I do not use any of this in the creation of the app and just end up with a finalized .app file.

I didn't want to sign up for the developer account in order to submit without checking this first. Thanks for any help or direction.
lplplpx3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:49 PM   #2
mfram
macrumors 6502a

If you want your application in the Mac App Store then at some point your application will have to be signed with your developer certificate. So whatever build system you are using will have to support that operation.
mfram is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:00 PM   #3
lplplpx3
macrumors newbie

So this can't be done after the .app phase...has to be done at some point prior to getting to that stage?
lplplpx3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming