Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lplplpx3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2012
I have used a software that has allowed me to design and create a screensaver app for Mac OSX which I would like to submit to the Apple store. After completing the process the file ends up in the .app format.

Is this the final format I need to submit to the Apple store through a Developer account? I am getting confused with Xcode, binary files, application loader etc. as I do not use any of this in the creation of the app and just end up with a finalized .app file.

I didn't want to sign up for the developer account in order to submit without checking this first. Thanks for any help or direction.

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
If you want your application in the Mac App Store then at some point your application will have to be signed with your developer certificate. So whatever build system you are using will have to support that operation.

lplplpx3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2012
So this can't be done after the .app phase...has to be done at some point prior to getting to that stage?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.