Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Oct 6, 2012, 11:36 AM   #1
Quotenfrau
macrumors 6502

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 vs. iMovie '11 for smart phone videos

Hi

please advise me in question "Adobe Premiere Elements 11" vs. "iMovie '11". I am a little bit disappointed from iMovie and ask if PE is better

I don't do the filming myself. I receive (mostly poor quality) mobile phone videos, which I need to enhance and edit.

I am not a pro and have limited budget.
Quotenfrau is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2012, 11:53 AM   #2
arjen92
macrumors 65816

What is it that you miss?

I just looked up premiere elements and I don't think it offers anything that's better than iMovie. I normally work with Premiere Pro, so I thought elements would be similar. But it's not, and I don't see how it would be better than iMovie.

iMovie gives you some great tools to make poor quality shots look better. Like a stabilizer and filters.

Software for professionals is not built to make poor quality look like high quality. It's to make high quality look good (and often only works with high quality).
Old Nov 1, 2012, 04:39 PM   #3
panther69
macrumors newbie

Yes, Premiere Elements Is Better Than Imovie 11

Yes Premiere Elements is better. Timeline with layers, keyframing, three way color correction, more effects and transitions come with it, audio effects with the ability to host 3rd party plugins, ability to host 3rd party video effects, more export and import options, audio mixer, organizer and more. Premiere Elements is perfect for someone who wants more options and power than you get with imovie. There's no need to blow $700 bucks on Premier Pro if a step up from imovie is all you want. It's a great option for mac.
panther69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:28 AM   #4
marc11
macrumors 68000

I find the interface on Elements 11 far easier to use than iMovie and with native AVCHD support, no need to import and transcode, Elements 11 seems just easier to work with.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video