Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YanniDepp

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2008
I've used US iTunes cards before, purchased through Media Without Boundaries. I had a good experience with them several times, but that was 3 or 4 years ago.

Technically, the iTunes store T&Cs say you can't use a store if you're not from / ordinarily resident in that particular country. They reserve the right to close your account without refunding you any unused credit.

The most logical reason for buying things from a foreign iTunes store is because they don't sell the item you want in your own country's iTunes store. It's something I see all the time: I listen to a lot of German music and a lot of it isn't for sale in the UK iTunes store (case in point: German dance artist Glasperlenspiel).

This is how I see it: I want to buy something. If it's available in my country for a reasonable price, I'll buy it (case in point: German bands Silbermond and Wir Sind Helden). That's fair.

If it's available in other countries (but not my own), I won't mess about with foreign iTunes stores. The T&Cs and Apple's policies make it clear that I'm not welcome to spend my money in those foreign iTunes stores. Why should I jump through loopholes to give my money to companies that obviously don't want it, to buy files that I'm apparently not entitled to own?

There are "other ways" of obtaining such files. I'm not the kind of guy who advocates piracy in all cases. But if I want to give you money for your product but you don't want to take it, I'll obtain your products in other ways.

braddicted2mac

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012
Canada
ps. Can't use us Itunes gift cards in Canada.. Unforunitly I recieved one for christmas and it won't work, Only if you have U.S. Itunes account

betman

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2013
I buy fro jerrycards.com he is very reliable and takes a couple of dollars more but I have used him many times. He's scanned all the itunes cards and you receive them right afterwards when buying

Just made a purchase using jerrycards.com and everything went through very smoothly.

I normally use the UK store and pick up discounted cards (at Boots, WH Smiths, Argos, etc.) when available. But this time around I needed to create and fund a US iTunes account to get Hulu Plus working on my Apple TV. I only bought a $50 card and everything went through smoothly with Jerry, so from my experience from less than an hour ago I can definitely recommend the site if someone needs to get a US iTunes code quickly and efficiently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.