Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrobit

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
My phone is at the sort facility in Portland so I SHOULD see it today. This is what I'm hoping for, at least. If not, then next week is gonna be a lot of money out of my pocket: iPhone, Halo 4, and more.

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
Little late, but....

Ordered at apple.com on October 2nd, deilvered October 30th.

iPhone 5 / Black / 64G / Week 42
It's flawess, fast, and I really like it. It's fast as hell.

(I skipped the 4S, owning a "4" and a "3GS" which stioll works well on iOS 6.)

Jack25

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Don't understand why some people are finding it so hard to get hold of. My 6 local 02 stores have 32 GBs in stock.

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
FINALLY!

I found out that the Crocker Park Apple Store had some for pickup, but I was too slow to reserve. I had a feeling in my gut, so I checked, and saw this! Yippee!

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b6Pkvn1kS4"]YouTube - Homer Simpson WooHoo[/URL]

Capture.png

Last edited:

Rory Manton

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
Following on from my last couple of posts. My phone has now been sent 169 miles away to Leicester to be sent back to Exeter to be sent back to my house. Remember though that on Monday it was outside my house, in the delivery van, with the wrong address on it due to the incompetence of the idiots in the shop who failed to change my address and failed to have it delivered to the shop to prevent this type of cockup.

ETA is now 16/11/12. I have pointed out that if I can get stuff delivered to my door with in 3 days from Japan, why in hell is it going to be two weeks to get it to my house from the same country?

I have also given my supplier permission to speak to my Good Lady regarding my account as 'Mr Manton" has passed the point of politeness whn talking to the supplier and 'Mr Shouty Sweary Very Sarcastic Manton" no longer has the patients so cope with incompetence.

On the plus side it a nice day here so far!:D

Last edited:

macrem

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2008
My status has not changed since ordering 10 Oct.

I also have been trying to reserve an iPhone 5 via my local Apple Store's website. You have to try to reserve each day. The form asks if you want a contract or SIM lock free phone.

Today I found out that Apple Store has the iPhone 5 in stock but they will only sell them with a contract, so I have been wasting time for over a month by reserving.

Last edited:

espressoroast

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2008
Amsterdam
My status has not changed since ordering 10 Oct.

I also have been trying to reserve an iPhone 5 via my local Apple Store's website. You have to try to reserve each day. The form asks if you want a contract or SIM lock free phone.

Today I found out that Apple Store has the iPhone 5 in stock but they will only sell them with a contract, so I have been wasting time for over a month by reserving.

I am on the same boat. Ordered mine online on Oct. 15, still processing (delivery estimate is Nov. 8-14). Trying to get my wife's iPhone with the reservation thing since that page is active without any luck.
I asked the employees numerous times and they give the same answer all the time: "It is a lottery, some people get it in two days, others wait for weeks like you" but this is the first time I am hearing reserving for a simlock-free phone does not work at all. Can you please confirm that?

Good luck with your order. :)

asdweeee

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2012
my order status first change

Ordered at Oct 21 (iPhone 5 16G Blk), was backordered these days. Shipping Status changed to Processing today (Nov 3) at AT&T website.

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
My 16GB/B&S/VZW finally shipped yesterday from Zhengzhou via UPS. I ordered it on October 13th.
It shipped via Worldwide Expedited, but it's scheduled for delivery on Thursday? Also, mine seems to be stuck in Zhengzhou...

ZhengZhou, China
11/03/2012 5:50 P.M. Arrival Scan
11/03/2012 11:45 A.M. Departure Scan
11/03/2012 4:03 A.M. Origin Scan

China
11/03/2012 12:45 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

mdlv

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
NC
I ordered in a Verizon store around 7PM on 10/18. I finally got an email today at 2:19PM saying that my order has shipped via Fedex! I originally had an estimated ship date of 11/9.

Verizon Black 16GB. I'm in NC on the coast.

I don't know where it's shipping out of yet; I think it's still too early.

I'm hoping I get it this week... Maybe?:D

kannesss

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Above.
I ordered in a Verizon store around 7PM on 10/18. I finally got an email today at 2:19PM saying that my order has shipped via Fedex! I originally had an estimated ship date of 11/9.

Verizon Black 16GB. I'm in NC on the coast.

I don't know where it's shipping out of yet; I think it's still too early.

I'm hoping I get it this week... Maybe?:D

Yeah Verizon is super fast with shipping

----------

My 16GB/B&S/VZW finally shipped yesterday from Zhengzhou via UPS. I ordered it on October 13th.
It shipped via Worldwide Expedited, but it's scheduled for delivery on Thursday? Also, mine seems to be stuck in Zhengzhou...

ZhengZhou, China
11/03/2012 5:50 P.M. Arrival Scan
11/03/2012 11:45 A.M. Departure Scan
11/03/2012 4:03 A.M. Origin Scan

China
11/03/2012 12:45 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

They're holding it because te U.S. owes them so much

asdweeee

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2012
Ordered at Oct 21 (iPhone 5 16G Blk), was backordered these days. Shipping Status changed to Processing today (Nov 3) at AT&T website.

It shipped today!!

"Dear xxx,

We are pleased to inform you that your iPhone order has shipped and is on its way to the address shown below. Your credit card has now been charged for your purchase. You may track the progress of your shipment by clicking on the below tracking number...."

macrem

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2008
I am on the same boat. Ordered mine online on Oct. 15, still processing (delivery estimate is Nov. 8-14). Trying to get my wife's iPhone with the reservation thing since that page is active without any luck.
I asked the employees numerous times and they give the same answer all the time: "It is a lottery, some people get it in two days, others wait for weeks like you" but this is the first time I am hearing reserving for a simlock-free phone does not work at all. Can you please confirm that?

Good luck with your order. :)
Thank you :) This was my theory; however, Sunday I stopped by the Apple Store to check out the iPad mini & asked one of the guys if they had any iPhone 5s in stock. While the conversation did start with 'contract only', when I mentioned that I had been looking for a simlock free iPhone 5 for a month he said "follow me". We went upstairs, he asked about the spec I was looking for, talked with a colleague, then came back with a little slate/black box ;-)

Some luck was involved & it seems their iPhone 5 reservation page was discontinued the day before I showed up, which meant that no one else was virtually in line ahead of me.

Good luck with getting your iPhone 5 soon!

espressoroast

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2008
Amsterdam
Thank you :) This was my theory; however, Sunday I stopped by the Apple Store to check out the iPad mini & asked one of the guys if they had any iPhone 5s in stock. While the conversation did start with 'contract only', when I mentioned that I had been looking for a simlock free iPhone 5 for a month he said "follow me". We went upstairs, he asked about the spec I was looking for, talked with a colleague, then came back with a little slate/black box ;-)

Some luck was involved & it seems their iPhone 5 reservation page was discontinued the day before I showed up, which meant that no one else was virtually in line ahead of me.

Good luck with getting your iPhone 5 soon!

I was there this Sunday as well with the same purpose! I stop by the Amsterdam store every couple of days and try the "I have been trying this reserve thing for a month" line (which is the truth) but the closest I got was one guy going upstairs to talk to someone and coming back empty handed.

Congratulations on your successful purchase. Mine is ordered on the 15th and I am waiting a shipment notification any minute, the hunt for my wife's continues

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
Ordered October 16th, Shipped Today

32GB iPhone 5 Black

Arrives November 6 by 7:00 pm via Fedex

seems like they are starting to move faster. I imagine the ship times on the Apple site will get shorten soon.

----------

South Bend Indiana store has plenty of iPhones, all configurations. Just walked in and got a white 64mb.

Nice.. just in time for Christmas. :)

anonjd

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2012
Ordered a white 64GB factory unlocked from Apple.ca on October 18. It's still processing.

Have a feeling it'll be shipped this week.

It feels so awkward walking out of the house without a phone...

Shge12

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2012
ordered 10/24 from ATT 16 gb black, off BO on sunday, on the truck for delivery right now

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
My baby is less than 10 minutes from the State of Ohio, and only 4.5 hours away from me up near the Ohio/Michigan border. Just wish it'd leave Louisville already! It could've been delivered today or tomorrow, but they're insisting on Thursday...:(

Screen_Shot_2012_11_06_at_11_04_05_AM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.