Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

briceman

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Usually it's while watching Netflix, but sometimes also iTunes movie rentals, and YouTube. It will just crash, and stop working. The only way to fix it is to do a hard reset by unplugging the power cord and plugging back in. I am thinking of sending it in, because it has gotten worse and worse. Any advice? Thanks.

We have an Apple TV 3, which we don't use as often, but it has never crashed once.

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
Usually it's while watching Netflix, but sometimes also iTunes movie rentals, and YouTube. It will just crash, and stop working. The only way to fix it is to do a hard reset by unplugging the power cord and plugging back in. I am thinking of sending it in, because it has gotten worse and worse. Any advice? Thanks.

We have an Apple TV 3, which we don't use as often, but it has never crashed once.

I have never had my 2 to crash. You might want to do a full restore, but if that doesn't work I'd take it to Apple - hopefully it's within warranty.

briceman

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Yes, I will attempt that. I still have two months on my warranty. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.