Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lit Up*

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2010
I want a 64gb 4s so I need to buy on eBay. There are quite a lot of apple refurbs, in their shrink wrap/plastic on the glass. Do these things have warranty? Can you purchase apple care for them, and how much? (UK). Some people are selling their insurance replacements. Are these better than the refurbs? I presume that they are all new. Would you buy an apple refurbed replacement? Thoughts welcomed folks, thanks

Last edited:

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I want a 64gb 4s so I need to buy on eBay. There are quite a lot of apple refurbs, in their shrink wrap/plastic on the glass. Do these things have warranty? Can you purchase apple care for them, and how much? (UK). Some people are selling their insurance replacements. Are these better than the refurbs? I presume that they are all new. Would you buy an apple refurbed replacement? Thoughts welcomed folks, thanks

no you can't get a warranty on it. Well at least I think you can't. It has to be bought within the first 30 days of buying a new product and since you're not getting it from Apple the only warranty is what's left on the device. If they bought it with AppleCare + then you still have a year left on the device.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England

I've got a White unlocked 64GB 4S for sale if you're interested?

6 months old, not a scratch on it.

localboy28

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
If its an apple refurb they all come with 3 months warranty or carry on from the original warranty which ever is greatest.

You can buy additional warranty anytime within the warranty period.

Apple refurbed iPhones are great, you couldn't tell it's a refurbed phone.

A insurance replacement will be a brand new phone surely?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.