Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

identity

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2011
Thanks for the tip. I changed the big font size to +4 instead of +2.

How do I get the font sizes to show up on the tab bar like the picture on the link?

Edit - ok never mind, I got it now. I had to go to settings, Safari, and turn on "show bookmarks bar".

Last edited:

OSMac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
Thanks for the tip. I changed the big font size to +4 instead of +2.

How do I get the font sizes to show up on the tab bar like the picture on the link?

Turn on show bookmarks bar in settings / Safari.
Just bookmark the page with the tip.
Then copy the Method B Font + text, just hi light the entire box and copy.
Then edit the bookmark you made rename it to +++++, and replace the link with the copied text.

Do the same for Font -.

identity

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2011
Just bookmark the page with the tip.
Then copy the Method B Font + text, just hi light the entire box and copy.
Then edit the bookmark you made rename it to +++++, and paste the copied text.

Do the same for Font -.

Yeah, I got that part. I found the fix to permanently put the font+ and font- on the bookmarks bar. I just needed to turn that option on in the general settings for safari.

identity

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2011
I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Help?

If you're on the iPad or whatever you have, copy the two JavaScript codes from method B to the notes app. Remember which is which. Then create two bookmarks, I'm hoping you know how to do that, after you are done doing that, go back and edit those two new bookmarks you just created. Name one font- and the other font+ or whatever you like. Go back to your notes and copy the font- code first, go to your newly named font- bookmark, delete the URL which is the second item when you edit the bookmark. After deleting the URL, paste the font- in there and you've created the font- bookmark. Now do the same to the font+ with the font+ code and bookmark.

If you want to have the font size tabs stay permanently on the tabs, go to settings, safari, and turn on "always show bookmarks bar". Move the two font size bookmarks to the bookmark bar folder of the bookmarks tab. Now the font sizes are on the tab.

Good luck.

pasadena

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
Seattle, WA
If you're on the iPad or whatever you have, copy the two JavaScript codes from method B to the notes app. Remember which is which. Then create two bookmarks, I'm hoping you know how to do that, after you are done doing that, go back and edit those two new bookmarks you just created. Name one font- and the other font+ or whatever you like. Go back to your notes and copy the font- code first, go to your newly named font- bookmark, delete the URL which is the second item when you edit the bookmark. After deleting the URL, paste the font- in there and you've created the font- bookmark. Now do the same to the font+ with the font+ code and bookmark.

If you want to have the font size tabs stay permanently on the tabs, go to settings, safari, and turn on "always show bookmarks bar". Move the two font size bookmarks to the bookmark bar folder of the bookmarks tab. Now the font sizes are on the tab.

Good luck.

You beat me to it ;)

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2011
You rock! Major thanks!!!:D

Good luck.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
I zoomed in too far and now I'd like my defaults back...how do I do that?

hyteckit

Jul 29, 2007
I had this in my bookmarks for the last 6 years.

Finally found a need for it on my new iPad Mini.

haha...

In portrait mode, I have to tap zoom in 3 times to make macrumor forums look good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.