Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:06 PM   #1
askpi
Banned

[Preview] Health Guide: First Aid

Health Guide: FirstAid is an firstaid app with a twist. The has over 40 first aid situations. App is designed with concepts burrowed from another platform.

The app will be out in the App Store soon.

What do you think

Screenshots

By kalanaj at 2012-06-25

By kalanaj at 2012-06-25

Like my page for more news/updates
askpi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:53 PM   #2
shyam09
macrumors 65816

just off the top of my head, i think you should create subtitles that describe the paragraph. otherwise it's just a bunch of words...
shyam09 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:08 AM   #3
Dobiewonkanobie
macrumors regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Dobiewonkanobie
This looks more educational than as a first aid manual.

Time is of the essence. For a first aid situation it looks like too much to read there. I can imagine scrolling through a-z pictures/titles to find what you want taking too long. Most situations can be broken into a handful of categories (random examples: respiratory, bites, broken bones, etc), and specifics listed there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyam09 View Post
just off the top of my head, i think you should create subtitles that describe the paragraph. otherwise it's just a bunch of words...
This as well. Once you find your specific problem (a dog bite) the first aid solutions should be straight forward and easy to identify in easy to read steps.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 02:32 AM   #4
shyam09
macrumors 65816

Here an idea:
Instead of having one big read, make ~3-4 big orange buttons (for example sake). Each one has a Title like: General, Treatment, Symptoms, Home Remedies, etc. and when you click it it "vertically stretches to reveal a bulletted list of stuff

Also, just mention the really important ones [and have an "even more" option or something if you want]...

Finally, we are only giving suggestions based on two pictures you provided. One was of the UI and the other was a more specific example. Neither tell us how intuitive, or how "worthwhile" it is in a given situation. That's why I would honestly recommend handing out promo codes for this app [you can give them out in the code and promotions category on MR; i believe developers get their hands on a few promo codes for their apps. Use these promo codes to get reviews and ratings]
shyam09 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2012, 12:27 AM   #5
askpi
Banned

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. I wanted this app to part education and part health guide. I have already submitted the app to the App Store for review few days ago. I will hand out several promo codes when it comes out. I will look consider your suggestion for the next app update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyam09 View Post
Here an idea:
Instead of having one big read, make ~3-4 big orange buttons (for example sake). Each one has a Title like: General, Treatment, Symptoms, Home Remedies, etc. and when you click it it "vertically stretches to reveal a bulletted list of stuff

Also, just mention the really important ones [and have an "even more" option or something if you want]...

Finally, we are only giving suggestions based on two pictures you provided. One was of the UI and the other was a more specific example. Neither tell us how intuitive, or how "worthwhile" it is in a given situation. That's why I would honestly recommend handing out promo codes for this app [you can give them out in the code and promotions category on MR; i believe developers get their hands on a few promo codes for their apps. Use these promo codes to get reviews and ratings]
Old Jul 4, 2012, 03:27 PM   #6
askpi
Banned

I have implemented several changes mentioned earlier. Also I added a new feature where the app provides daily health tips.

Here are the screenshots

By kalanaj

By kalanaj

By kalanaj

What do you think?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps