Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bigserver1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Forgive me if there's a thread on this, but my searches didn't show anything.

I was able to update my iPhone 5 to 6.0.1 immediately yesterday, no issues. However, when my wife got home and I tried to update hers, it wasn't showing up. I restarted the phone, did a hard restart, turned off wifi, tried a few different things, no luck. Now today, I tried again, and it gave me download options for 6.0, which of course she already has.

Anyone else having this issue? Also, my MacBook Pro is running 10.5 and the optical drive doesn't read DVDs well, so I can't update to 10.6 and download the most recent version of iTunes, which I would need to sync her phone. Essentially this is a disaster.

Any help is appreciated!

Bigserver1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
My iPhone took the downloader app then updated immediately. My wife's isn't working the same way, and as I mentioned, my laptop can't have the most up to date iTunes because I'm stuck on 10.5 and can't update because my disk drive won't read the 10.6 disk...

Not ideal, but the downloader app/6.0.1 isn't showing up for her like it was for me.

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
Does your wife actually have an iPhone 5?

Not much of this is making sense.

The iPhone 5 shipped with iOS 6.0 - so the phone should never prompt you to install that.

If it's any other model of iPhone, the "installer" will not appear. You just have to install the update.

Bigserver1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
She does. White 16GB. I don't understand why this is happening either, but I guess we will have to take it in to a genius.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.