Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
acearchie, I am envious of your time with the models. Same ones as last months "pool shot". I'm thinking daughters or maybe nieces. Lucky devil;) I thought the "pool shot" was sweet. cheers

Thanks! The brunette in the "pool shot" is actually different from the blonde on the right in that shot. Being only 20 these are just my friends as I have yet to have had children! It's got to quite a nice place where my photography isn't too shabby so they don't mind being on camera so much now!

Critique is always welcomed! (I am aware of the light leak and it has since been sorted)

Two Gardeners by acearchie, on Flickr

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
On the lake yesterday...

sail1.jpg

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
On the lake yesterday...

sail1.jpg

Wonderful! The isolation of the boat and the light picking it out are just perfect. The Fall foliage adds a lot to this one too. Great timing on every level.

I'm traveling right now and haven't had much time for browsing, let alone commenting. I hope to get caught up when I get back, but I just want to say that the end of the October thread and the beginning of this one are full of terrific photos. I hope to have a few morsels to share myself after this trip!

snyder7

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2012
Mine for today...

4.jpg

This was shot a couple of weeks ago when mother nature was kind enough to allow me a couple of hours of non-rain to go out and play with my new 5DMk2 and 17-40L combo.

This is in Discovery Park in Seattle, by the way

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
Having been born in Brooklyn and having lived in NJ a good part of my youth and with ALL of my siblings and most of my cousins still in the NY-NJ area, I was blown away by the devastation. I hung out at the Jersey shore and to see the Seaside boardwalk obliterated and talk to a friend who now lives on the beach and hear of the destruction and devastation just breaks my heart. To all who have been impacted by this deadly storm, my prayers go out daily to all of you! Stay safe and well. You are not alone. SOG, glad you are safe!

Thanks .... Guess I won't be having sausage&peppers and riding the coaster at Seaside this summer . Was going to post a pic of my town the day after the storm , but met these guys walking around yesterday and they did a better job .

http://www.businessinsider.com/photos-moonachie-new-jersey-2012-11#

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
First attempt at long exposure of water flow into our pond, taken in the back yard early this morning. 2 seconds, f/27, ISO 100, no filters applied, the ND filters are yet to arrive....

IMG_5249.jpg

Last edited:

righteye

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2011
London
View attachment 374788
I learned today that there is only ONE lake in the Lake's District... all the others are meres, tarns or waters.

Call them whatever you will... the Doylem pictures are delicious.

And a Reservoir, This is Thirlmere which is man made and submerged the village of Wythburn apart from a little Chapel on slightly higher ground.

Attachments

• lakes_thilmere.jpg
    lakes_thilmere.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 143

lizardofwoz

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2012
Australia
View attachment 374788

And a Reservoir, This is Thirlmere which is man made and submerged the village of Wythburn apart from a little Chapel on slightly higher ground.

Hey, I wasn't being a smartass about 'lakes'. I really like the Doylem pictures ...and in answer to the nitpicker correcting grammar... it turns out I was correct. It is the Lake's District. Only one lake :)

Mere and tarn have Old Norse origins. Lake is more likely linked to Old French and was probably imported by Billy the Conk. 1066, and all that.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Mine for today...

4.jpg

This was shot a couple of weeks ago when mother nature was kind enough to allow me a couple of hours of non-rain to go out and play with my new 5DMk2 and 17-40L combo.

This is in Discovery Park in Seattle, by the way

Very nice, snyder7. I like how the clouds sort of frame the top of the lighthouse, and the logs of course make good leading lines. I think I'd like to see less of the grass covering the lighthouse, but perhaps you needed the grass to hide something there?

This is one of my favorites from my recent trip...

p1238229008-5.jpg

What a feast for the eyes. The yellow curtains inside the ornate window add a lot to this shot. Nice timing and very well seen.

Thanks .... Guess I won't be having sausage&peppers and riding the coaster at Seaside this summer . Was going to post a pic of my town the day after the storm , but met these guys walking around yesterday and they did a better job .

http://www.businessinsider.com/photos-moonachie-new-jersey-2012-11#

Glad to hear that you're OK, someoldguy. Those photos are really heartbreaking.

Melizard

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2011
Canada/Germany
This is one of my favorites from my recent trip...

I love it! I feel like I am back there already! I love all of the travel photos you have posted so far, it brings back a lot of memories. I look forward to seeing more!!

Here is a travel photo of my own. It was frustrating to photograph, since the weather was uncooperative at first, and then there was a throng of tourists. Also, I was hoping to get a more original photo, but that proved to be difficult.

Machu Picchu, Peru by Melissa.O.Anderson, on Flickr

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.