Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve-p

macrumors 68000
Oct 14, 2008
Newbury, UK
Ok, it is really get out of hand now. I think there needs to be some kind of forum announcement for a list for a list of things that people are not allowed to say.

So far we have:

1. Steve would never allow this!
  2. It is not iPhone 5, it is iPhone X ( or something along those lines, at least while the rumours are going on )
  3. Slow news today
  4. Shut up and take my money
  5. Double down on secrecy
You can add "first world problems" as far as I'm concerned as that's just a really annoying cliche that adds nothing to any debate.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Shut up and take my +1.
The mods would never allow this!

/waits for an infraction.... :D

On topic: all of the above have gotten old fast.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I'm not the reporter type, but saw recently a lot of posts in the rMBP section I find quite bothering and pointless:

OP says: "I dropped x, what can I do?"
And then there comes a plethora of smart posters telling him/her to be more careful the next time or that s/he shouldn't have dropped the item in the first place. And just this one-liner, nothing else. I think that's an even greater nuisance than all these 'Steve would have....' comments, as the OP has already enough personal trouble and doesn't need some smarta$$ to tell her/him what s/he knows already.

What do you think?

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
I'm not the reporter type, but saw recently a lot of posts in the rMBP section I find quite bothering and pointless:

And then there comes a plethora of smart posters telling him/her to be more careful the next time or that s/he shouldn't have dropped the item in the first place. And just this one-liner, nothing else. I think that's an even greater nuisance than all these 'Steve would have....' comments, as the OP has already enough personal trouble and doesn't need some smarta$$ to tell her/him what s/he knows already.

What do you think?

If it's only a one-liner with no real help offered, you can report them. Frivolous posts are something we weed out.

MTShipp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Raleigh, North Carolina
MR forums has gone to hell since I joined in 2009. In the beginning, everyone was nice, cordial, and helpful. Now you mostly get rudeness. I never surf MR that much anymore. I jump in, look for an answer to my question/problem, then leave.

Proof of this will be the obligatory PM or post here telling me to leave if I don't like it.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
You could probably add "MacRumors stole my news article" to the list :p

Don't forget these:

"How is this news?" - in response to something someone might deem non-newsworthy.

"This is front page worthy?"

or like you said:

"I submited this article to MacRumors. Where's my gold star and credit? Waaahhhhhhh"

:D

What do you think?

+1 ;)

(I agree)

jlgolson

Contributing Editor
Jun 2, 2011
Durango, CO
Don't forget these:

"How is this news?" - in response to something someone might deem non-newsworthy.

"This is front page worthy?"

or like you said:

"I submited this article to MacRumors. Where's my gold star and credit? Waaahhhhhhh"
"How much did they pay to get MacRumors to write this?"

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
MR forums has gone to hell since I joined in 2009. In the beginning, everyone was nice, cordial, and helpful. Now you mostly get rudeness. I never surf MR that much anymore. I jump in, look for an answer to my question/problem, then leave.

Proof of this will be the obligatory PM or post here telling me to leave if I don't like it.

I was saying that in 2007....yet I still like it here but notice since the launch of the iphone, a different demographic has taken hold

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.