Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Well KRAZZY DY, nice intro regards how and why the video was made. The most important quality of your last thread was you wanted to make the video. Sink or swim you did it and a wonderful learning tool for any future products.
Next time SCRIPT,COST, the two most important element in making story films or video.
But have fun and looking forward to you next minor epic.

KrazzyDJ

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2012
Well KRAZZY DY, nice intro regards how and why the video was made. The most important quality of your last thread was you wanted to make the video. Sink or swim you did it and a wonderful learning tool for any future products.
Next time SCRIPT,COST, the two most important element in making story films or video.
But have fun and looking forward to you next minor epic.

Thankx man. I actually thought the script was decent (although I now realize it might sound similar to a lot of other movies). I believe I wasn't able to translate it into a rich production (since I couldn't shoot all of it; the actual scriptment I wrote ran about 12 word pages) which again boils down to the movie's prime weaknesses - equipment and actors - which sum up to cost as you mentioned. Hopefully, I'll be able to make more of this - it surely was a hell lotta fun shooting and editing the thing. Gave me a minor tinge of what film-making feels like.

Thanks again :) !!!

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
I will be honest with you as you dont post much but no doubt many will watch this video and say to you beautifully shoot. That part i agree but here comes the but........ some shoot are held to long and the piano music is to overpowering in many shoots.
Could have done with some nice gently background ambience.
Otherwise very enjoyable.
Main aim is not to offend but tell you how as a outside i see your production.;)

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Most of my early film making was done on a shoestring-buget which later helped in the mad world of the big Studio idiots at times.:apple:

Fallencircus

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2007
Thank you for the feedback, believe me I appreciate negative usually more than possitive as it helps you grow and expand. I definitely agree with you especially about the ambience, I was thinking that it would have really helped out. Definitely will be doing that next time.

I will be honest with you as you dont post much but no doubt many will watch this video and say to you beautifully shoot. That part i agree but here comes the but........ some shoot are held to long and the piano music is to overpowering in many shoots.
Could have done with some nice gently background ambience.
Otherwise very enjoyable.
Main aim is not to offend but tell you how as a outside i see your production.;)

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Could you tell me the aim of this video?. As it has some major issues. One of them is using the swear word.
It looks as you are all teenagers and having a bit of fun.
What do you think of the Video?????????????????

InsightsIE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2008
Could you tell me the aim of this video?. As it has some major issues. One of them is using the swear word.
It looks as you are all teenagers and having a bit of fun.
What do you think of the Video?????????????????

Well, I'm not sure about America but here in Ireland swearing is obviously bad but more less of the norm. When you look at it from a probable perspective and you have a guy taping notes to a wall, you need to have some sort of way to let viewers know he's in on "the joke" or the fact that what he's doing is pretty crazy. Our character appears to suffer from some sort of disorder, if you pay attention to the pill scenes the viewer can actually find out his illness. Further more, how the character behaves and act can be partly because of his illness.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
I take your point and your point of defending your product. But...there is one rule you have missed???? ....the video is not convincing from a audience point of view. You and your friends and a few other will think different. You are learning the art of video making and editing and some is very good. Other parts are very amateur. Specially all your graveyard shoot. You need to look at the video from a different perspective before embarking on part.2.
I like the idea but not the end product.
No doubt you will be up in arms after reading this?????? which is good.:apple:

InsightsIE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2008
I take your point and your point of defending your product. But...there is one rule you have missed???? ....the video is not convincing from a audience point of view. You and your friends and a few other will think different. You are learning the art of video making and editing and some is very good. Other parts are very amateur. Specially all your graveyard shoot. You need to look at the video from a different perspective before embarking on part.2.
I like the idea but not the end product.
No doubt you will be up in arms after reading this?????? which is good.:apple:

Thank you for your feedback. We will take it into consideration. The graveyard shoot was hard as we are on a €0 budget and shot it only with an iPhone and iPad.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
When I started making films at your age. I had the same problem. But i made sure that i had the correct equipment to make my amateur production.
You spent time and effort on your production. Once you start a bad habit it can follow you.
The secret of any video production big or small. Sit down and plan it out BIG and then look at it and work out what you got to play with.
Example: Mad Max was a shoestring production with Mel Gibson. Every person worked for peanuts. Which payed off.
I encourage and teach young talent of the art of video making. But when i saw you are going make a follow up..........the rest is history.
I have made my point and in the end of the day its up to you.:apple:

Last edited:

MacPat333

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
Dubai
Does it have to be a short film with a story or can it be as well the first editing steps in the form of a trailer?

I am into automotive photography and videography and recently started editing. So far all was shot with a Canon G1X, both handheld and on a tripod and edited with the YouTube editor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ4_m-ApJtI&feature=plcp

I am waiting for my MBA and I will get Final Cut Pro X which will allow me a million more editing possibilities.

Thanks.

Last edited:

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
MacPat333. Your short video is not a trailer. If you like those sort of cars one would be in heaven watching your shots. Like steam train people.
For me it was very boring. I like cars but your presentation from a audience point of view did nothing.
Enka909.
You are getting into the realm of making story video's. Had no clue what it was about par the title. Did notice on jump cut use fade instead better.
Think about your camera set ups.
Sorry for being negative. Every piece of video one puts out one must always look at it from a audience point of few. Unless you are putting it out for fun.:apple:

flight

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oNNIo0mdPE

Well, considering some of the quality posts on here, this one is more of a rough draft. I decided to try an animated cartoon using only the iPad. I used iDraw and Pinnacle Studio.

I'm not studying animation—my degree is in a different field. Just a grown man wanting to get into a new hobby. It's my first animation (and writing), so there are many rookie mistakes, like awkward silence within the conversation and the timing at times not being quite right. I'm currently reading up on the subject so my next projects will improve. Really loving the iPad.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Dan, Saw the wedding video. A few general flaws. Firstly the music is too loud and the crickets in the background spoil the speeches.
I would make this video as your advertising video and cut a lot out to give it the power and beauty it has.
I could say more but i think i have said enough. Very enjoyable to watch but.............:apple:

dany74m

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2012
Los Angeles - California
Dan, Saw the wedding video. A few general flaws. Firstly the music is too loud and the crickets in the background spoil the speeches.
I would make this video as your advertising video and cut a lot out to give it the power and beauty it has.
I could say more but i think i have said enough. Very enjoyable to watch but.............:apple:

HI daybreak View, thanks for you feedback. The music "quando quando", It never go up 0db, its the original song that is clipping, unfortunally I wasn't able to find a better version, being an old recording. Regarding the crickets on the background of the speech, on my monitor they sounded right to me, but probabily you are right its better to decrese the volume so its not distracting from the speech. I have other short videos for advertising, but my goal was to show how enjoyable can be also the full wedding version. Please tell me more, I will appreciate. :)

Last edited:

dany74m

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2012
Los Angeles - California
I met Taisske, an Art Master in an Art Galleria in Florence, and I have been hit by the way he was drawing. He was so into it, and you could feel all his passion. So I got inspired and I asked him if I could film what he was doing, and this is the result. All was improvised, and the camera was handhelded. In this video I wanted to transmit all his strong passion for Art.

https://vimeo.com/52832136

Enjoy!
Dani.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Hi Dani,
How can I put it in a nice way?. What i have seen so far is excellent. Just to show your work on the great world internet is fine. People will like your work or they will not, and say nothing.
Your art video hit me right in the ears. Far to powerful music start. Would love to have seen a empty drawing pad. Very powerful editing to the music.
In one way there is no point making any comment as you are showing it for fun on the internet.
Did i like the art video? yes and no. I dont think you did the artist any justice with his talent. But you captured the power of his drawing pad.:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.