|Nov 3, 2012, 07:34 AM||#1|
SuddenlyWiFi problem on MBP (late 2011)
The next thing is my problem atm. I or do have a really bad internet connection or something is wrong with my WiFi on my MBP.
It doesn't open webpages, Mac App Store can't load the pages, thumbnails on youtube doesn't show up. (see screenshots) Also, many times I see the error that there is no internet conncetion in safari and chrome..
I read some problems on the forum but it is not exactly the problem that I got..
What I would like to know is that if it is the problem of my MBP or of the internet provider. So I can take action to solve the problem.
- Macbook Pro 15'' (late 2011) 2.2 GHZ i7, 4GB
- software 10.8.2
- 1 week ago reinstalled ML for a fresh start
- I don't have many programs on it, only 2 games and some normal programs like Word etc. Free space is 414 GB out of 499 GB
- My router is a standard router and I am using my MBP on the first floor. It never was a problem. But since a week it is. Strange enough, gaming on it, like WoW seems OK. No poblems at all..
- I do have Kaspersky as a internet security program.
So I don't know where the problem is, my MBP or my internet provider..
Hopefully someone can help me! Thanks!
iPhone 4 16GB
New iPad 32GB
Macbook Pro, 2.2GHz i7, 500GB, 4GB, OS X ML
|Nov 3, 2012, 08:34 AM||#2|
You can easily check the wifi connection. If you keep alt pressed, and click on the wifi icon in the menu bar, you should see the transmit rate somewhere. It should be between 100-130 or something like that.
If WoW works fine maybe it's a DNS problem.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Replace MBP Early 2011 with MBP Late 2013||prahn||Buying Tips and Advice||3||Nov 22, 2013 09:37 AM|
|Just upgraded my late 2011 MBP with a 2012 MBP - Screen seems better?||aircanman||MacBook Pro||0||Nov 7, 2012 11:39 AM|
|Swapping SSD/HDD from 13" MBP (Early 2011) to Another MBP (15" Late 2011)||xhendrixz||MacBook Pro||5||Oct 8, 2012 12:23 AM|
|13" - 2012 MBP vs late 2011 MBP||Chief Pilot||MacBook Pro||0||Jun 11, 2012 03:05 PM|
|Early 2011 vs. late 2011 MBP ??||Arelunde||MacBook Pro||11||Jun 11, 2012 09:30 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 PM.