Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Molson1020

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
So I have a 17" Macbook Pro that I bought in early 2011 for freelance creative work. Since then I've been hired on with a company who has supplied me with a 17" MBP to work with.

I am thinking of selling my MBP and replacing it with a new mini and an iPad. My question, does the new base mini (with upgraded ram of course) stand up to my 2011 MBP? Would it be faster? Slower?

I'll mainly be doing web/email, Photoshop, and ripping my DVD/Bluray collection (I have a BluRay drive).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Snowcake

macrumors regular
May 18, 2010
So I have a 17" Macbook Pro that I bought in early 2011 for freelance creative work. Since then I've been hired on with a company who has supplied me with a 17" MBP to work with.

I am thinking of selling my MBP and replacing it with a new mini and an iPad. My question, does the new base mini (with upgraded ram of course) stand up to my 2011 MBP? Would it be faster? Slower?

I'll mainly be doing web/email, Photoshop, and ripping my DVD/Bluray collection (I have a BluRay drive).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Are you aware about the HDMI issues with the Mac Mini? Black screens, light colors are not shown, icc profiles doesn't work and thats the same with manual calibration. Some displayports have the same problem to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.