Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Mine just came in!

It is beautiful! I hated that I didn't get to feel the aluminum with the Ringke Slim, and aluminum bumpers cause signal issues. This is a win-win for me.

It does add a bit of bulk though, phone is now slightly thicker than a 4S (without case) but is still lighter. Loving it! Highly recommended for anyone in the same situation as me.

Design recommendations: Make the camera cutout smaller to eliminate any visible aluminum part of the iPhone, and have a circular cutout for the Apple logo instead.

solace

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2006
I really like my case even though I got the wrong color. This particular one is soft to the touch almost rubbery but not cheap feeling. I haven't noticed any fingerprints and there was no difference in weight IMO.

No offense, but your case is the S5 Slim Fit, not the Outfit that this thread is about

Statusquick

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2012
Mine just came in!

It is beautiful! I hated that I didn't get to feel the aluminum with the Ringke Slim, and aluminum bumpers cause signal issues. This is a win-win for me.

It does add a bit of bulk though, phone is now slightly thicker than a 4S (without case) but is still lighter. Loving it! Highly recommended for anyone in the same situation as me.

Design recommendations: Make the camera cutout smaller to eliminate any visible aluminum part of the iPhone, and have a circular cutout for the Apple logo instead.

Is the elago case significantly thicker than the Ringke case? Would you recommend it over the Ringke?

TSKY74

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2012
Still waiting for my replacement case from Elago. I also put in an order for a Caze ThinEdge Matte for a bumper style case. I just wanted to share what I meant about a "fingerprint magnet".

Just curious. My white branding is in the upper left corner, near the camera. I noticed your is in the bottom right. Weird.

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Is the elago case significantly thicker than the Ringke case? Would you recommend it over the Ringke?

Yes it is thicker, but I would still recommend it over the Ringke. The feel of this thing is just too awesome. The Ringke felt 'oily' after I used the phone for a while.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Just curious. My white branding is in the upper left corner, near the camera. I noticed your is in the bottom right. Weird.

Mine came defective as the metal piece was coming up on the bottom edge. I ripped up the entire piece to see if I could superglue the metal back on. In doing so, I said, "what the heck" and put the logo on the lower right. Funny thing is, I actually like it better.

TSKY74

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2012
Mine came defective as the metal piece was coming up on the bottom edge. I ripped up the entire piece to see if I could superglue the metal back on. In doing so, I said, "what the heck" and put the logo on the lower right. Funny thing is, I actually like it better.

Ah. I see. It does look better on the bottom right, sort of hidden away.

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
The first 2 is the Outfit, the last 2 is the Ringke Slim

Attachments

• IMG_1150[1].JPG
    IMG_1150[1].JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 312
  • IMG_1152[1].JPG
    IMG_1152[1].JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 307
  • IMG_1153[1].JPG
    IMG_1153[1].JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 268
  • IMG_1157[1].JPG
    IMG_1157[1].JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 267

zzz99

macrumors regular
May 31, 2010
wow!

Very nice looking case! Ordered a grey one with free 2 days shipping!

But it won't have stock until Nov 5th.

kramjam

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
California
Mine came in the mail today and I'm so happy with it. Was using the Ringke slim and while it's got more weight to it, the look and feel make up for it. Now only if I had a case this good looking that covered the top and bottom of the phone.

Last edited:

robertk328

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
had one of the Elago cases for my iP4 that was similar to this. always had dust/lint trapped between the phone and the case, scuffed the metal band up pretty bad. wouldn't trust this on the iP5 given the issues folks have had with the finish. does look really nice though! :)

tom619

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2009
If I am not mistaken GA sells both "case friendly" (small space from edge - for cases), and edge-to-edge skins.

Still waiting for my replacement case from Elago. I also put in an order for a Caze ThinEdge Matte for a bumper style case. I just wanted to share what I meant about a "fingerprint magnet".

Wow the Caze ThinEdge Matte looks hot!

I see it comes with front and back protectors which is cool, do you think it will fit with clear side protection also?

nohite

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2008
Mine came today and it's a really nice case. I've been using an Incase Pro-snap case for the last 2 weeks and this definitely feels better than the Incase. It's slightly thinner/lighter than the Incase but I think it's thicker than the standard slim snap case because of the added aluminum. Very happy!

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Wow, I got this case today in Dark grey. Very very nice. I will try to get some pics up when I can. It is well made and feels great in the hand. It fits well with a back film in place as well.

Phasher99

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2010
Just installed the Bodyguardz Pure on top of this case, and I think the glass protector makes it a tiny hair thicker than the lip on this case. Guess it's a no go for placing the phone screen down (not that I personally do that anyway)

tom619

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2009
Just installed the Bodyguardz Pure on top of this case, and I think the glass protector makes it a tiny hair thicker than the lip on this case. Guess it's a no go for placing the phone screen down (not that I personally do that anyway)

So your iphone fits inside the case with a full body shield in place?

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Ok all, so as promised here are some pictures of this case in the dark grey on black iphone 5. Very nice combo I think. I have the Bodyguardz Pure screen protector on as well as a back side film installed from Clear Guard.
dygu9u6u.jpg
e9a6a6a3.jpg
3u6yja5e.jpg

Last edited:

smf72

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
Fit

Can anyone comment on the fit? Is it tight, does it grip the sides well and not move or flex like the slim?

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Can anyone comment on the fit? Is it tight, does it grip the sides well and not move or flex like the slim?

The fit is pretty tight. No creaks or movement around the whole case. I had to take off my back skin in order to get it to fit correctly so that gives you an idea on how tight the fit is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.