Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:27 PM   #1
varunmaini2011
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: India
Is Facebook Push Notification Bug Solved in Apple IOS 6.1 update

I have a I Phone 4s and i just upgraded to IOS 6 Recently I have faced a hell lot of Problem with the Facebook Push Notification,i wanted to know if this Bug is Fixed in IOS 6.1 Update.....
varunmaini2011 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:39 PM   #2
Dwalls90
macrumors 68040
 
Dwalls90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by varunmaini2011 View Post
I have a I Phone 4s and i just upgraded to IOS 6 Recently I have faced a hell lot of Problem with the Facebook Push Notification,i wanted to know if this Bug is Fixed in IOS 6.1 Update.....
There is no Facebook Push Notification Bug!

The issue, is that Facebook no longer pre-installs with push notifications for everything pre-activated.

To turn them on, go to settings, notifications, facebook and turn them on!
__________________
rMBP 4850HQ & iPhone 6
Dwalls90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 02:55 PM   #3
ben824
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalls90 View Post
There is no Facebook Push Notification Bug!

The issue, is that Facebook no longer pre-installs with push notifications for everything pre-activated.

To turn them on, go to settings, notifications, facebook and turn them on!
Mine are all on and still no sounds or vibrations only a notification that comes up on the screen and notification center. There is a bug with facebook notifications.
__________________
13" MacBook Pro OS X Mavericks ; iPhone 5 32 GB running iOS 7 ; iPad Mini 16 GB Wifi iOS 7 ; Conservative Republican that loves Apple! I know what kind of crazy person am I! haha
ben824 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:49 PM   #4
lsutigerfan1976
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben824 View Post
Mine are all on and still no sounds or vibrations only a notification that comes up on the screen and notification center. There is a bug with facebook notifications.
This has happened since IOS 6 first came out. You get the actual badge, but without sound. It seems to be happening to ppl with IOS 5 also. Facebook doesn't seem to be willing to even acknowledge that there is a problem. But it started around the time they came out with a dedicated IOS app for the Iphone.
lsutigerfan1976 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:18 PM   #5
Defender2010
macrumors 68000
 
Defender2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalls90 View Post
There is no Facebook Push Notification Bug!

The issue, is that Facebook no longer pre-installs with push notifications for everything pre-activated.

To turn them on, go to settings, notifications, facebook and turn them on!
This is totally false information. There is a Facebook bug, has been since 6.0 launched.
__________________
W2P KLD talking...what's your handle, WR2 GFO?
Defender2010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:04 PM   #6
Dwalls90
macrumors 68040
 
Dwalls90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender2010 View Post
This is totally false information. There is a Facebook bug, has been since 6.0 launched.
Okay.

Mine works perfectly. Sorry.
__________________
rMBP 4850HQ & iPhone 6
Dwalls90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:11 PM   #7
armandxp
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Mine gives no sound either. I tried changing things in notification center, but to no avail!
__________________
Keep it cool!
armandxp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:55 PM   #8
OlyXDGuy
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalls90 View Post
Okay.

Mine works perfectly. Sorry.

Perfect One Guy in America isn't having an issue.. I know at least 20 people with an iPhone and every one I know is.
OlyXDGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:06 PM   #9
C DM
macrumors G4
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
I just started having this issue on my iPhone 5 a few days before iOS 6.1 came out. Couldn't get it working no matter what I tried. However, shortly after installing iOS 6.1 yesterday Facebook notifications started working again suddenly. I'm still not sure if it's somehow related to iOS 6.1, simply due to installation of new firmware and a full reboot (I tried restarting/resetting myself before without much luck), or something else entirely, but things are working again.

One small note: I don't have sounds enabled for my Facebook notifications, so I'm not quite sure if that part of it works now (or worked/didn't work before) for me, but at least the notifications themselves started coming through after not working for a few days for some reason.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlyXDGuy View Post
Perfect One Guy in America isn't having an issue.. I know at least 20 people with an iPhone and every one I know is.
I'll say this much, I never had an issue with Facebook notifications until just a few days ago (which seems to have been fixed now)--at least for the past few years with an iPhone 4 and now with an iPhone 5 there haven't been any issues until just recently. A few other family members haven't had those issues over the past few years either, not even in the past few days when I was experiencing issue.

So, is it possible that a lot of people have these issues, while a few don't...perhaps, but it's probably more likely that most don't have the issues, and a few (or maybe just some) do have it, either always, or sometimes.
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 06:10 AM   #10
pdxmatts
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Portland, OR
If you want to jailbreak your phone, you can get a Cydia tweak called Pushtones and you can set up a tone for many apps. Works for Facebook
__________________
iPhone 5 (32 GB) Black iPhone 5 (32 GB) White iPhone 4S (16 GB) White MacBook Pro 13"
HP TouchPad (32 GB) Web OS Dual Boot w/Android - Nexus 4
pdxmatts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 06:51 AM   #11
aDRock1154
macrumors 65816
 
aDRock1154's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
If you want to jailbreak your phone, you can get a Cydia tweak called Pushtones and you can set up a tone for many apps. Works for Facebook
Not ideal for most people; granted, it would fix the problem.
__________________
Mid 2012 MacBook Air 13.3", 1.8GHz, 256GB | iPhone 5S 64GB | iPhone 5 64GB | iPhone 4S 64GB | Apple TV | Airport Extreme
aDRock1154 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:54 AM   #12
xhArRiSoNxD
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Massachusetts
I would just like to add that this has not been fixed and I have the bug.
xhArRiSoNxD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 02:01 PM   #13
scjr
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Hasn't worked for me since iOS 6.
scjr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 03:50 PM   #14
kmpoboy2
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
It doesn't work in my i5 since I have it(launch), but it works in the wife's 4 and has never stopped working.

Both of them are in 6.1.
kmpoboy2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 04:57 PM   #15
ValerieDurden
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Still have this bug as well, I think it is account based as I had the same issue on my 4 with 5.1.1 and now my 5 with 6.1 so it's not hardware or software issues it's an app issue.
__________________
Nexus 5 Kitkat 4.4.4 [Sprint]
ValerieDurden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:32 AM   #16
nickE10mm
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
I remember reading a while back that the PROBLEM was that the Facebook app was "colliding" with the IOS FB integration. Try disabling IOS FB integration and then activating the FB app sounds....

(I'm at work and busy or I'd try it myself).

Also, for the record, I've had this bug for ages, too.
nickE10mm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:44 PM   #17
whsbuss
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SE Penna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickE10mm View Post
I remember reading a while back that the PROBLEM was that the Facebook app was "colliding" with the IOS FB integration. Try disabling IOS FB integration and then activating the FB app sounds....

(I'm at work and busy or I'd try it myself).

Also, for the record, I've had this bug for ages, too.
Really? Tell us how to do that.
whsbuss is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:15 AM   #18
nickE10mm
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss View Post
Really? Tell us how to do that.
Something to the effect of removing the app completely and all other references to its LOGIN in your phone, then rebooting, then reinstalling the app and somehow doing it differently where the IOS FB integration doesnt happen (ie, there is no "POST" section in the Notification center doing it this way) ... and THENNNN supposedly the Facebook app sounds and everything will work.

But I could be remembering wrong. If so, sorry... just trying to contribute ideas ... and, since I don't actually LIKE or WANT audible FB alerts, I'm not gonna mess around with it on my phone. So good luck guys but I'm keeping MY Facebook SILENT, lol
nickE10mm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:28 AM   #19
errant
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Was happening on iOS 5 before I upgraded.

Was really annoying at first, but I prefer it now that my phone isn't dinging dumb **** at me all day.
errant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:35 AM   #20
nickE10mm
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by errant View Post
Was happening on iOS 5 before I upgraded.

Was really annoying at first, but I prefer it now that my phone isn't dinging dumb **** at me all day.
Ah, oh well. Hmm

I don't like the sounds either so it's no biggie to ME, but im sure some people want it. Lol.
nickE10mm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:00 PM   #21
whsbuss
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SE Penna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickE10mm View Post
Something to the effect of removing the app completely and all other references to its LOGIN in your phone, then rebooting, then reinstalling the app and somehow doing it differently where the IOS FB integration doesnt happen (ie, there is no "POST" section in the Notification center doing it this way) ... and THENNNN supposedly the Facebook app sounds and everything will work.

But I could be remembering wrong. If so, sorry... just trying to contribute ideas ... and, since I don't actually LIKE or WANT audible FB alerts, I'm not gonna mess around with it on my phone. So good luck guys but I'm keeping MY Facebook SILENT, lol
Okay but before iOS6 the app failed to make sound notifications. I believe is was mid-2012 when FB updated to Ver.5 that it stopped.
whsbuss is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:37 PM   #22
Pattycerts
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Considering how PN's work I would say the problem is on Facebook's side, not Apple's. But what do I know
Pattycerts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:46 PM   #23
nickE10mm
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
Considering how PN's work I would say the problem is on Facebook's side, not Apple's. But what do I know
Yep you are probably correct
nickE10mm is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone: I cannot receive any twitter push notification or update the setting of notification. tkwlee iOS 7 8 Aug 31, 2014 07:16 PM
Resolved: :::SOLVED::: iPhone 5, 4s and 4 iOS 6 - Facebook push notifications dydx314 iPhone 31 Oct 30, 2013 01:31 AM
Facebook app on iPhone 4 stopped making push notification sounds weatherwiz iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 0 Feb 3, 2013 12:42 PM
Push notification for Facebook Angelo921 iOS 6 4 Oct 20, 2012 01:00 PM
Facebook notification bug JetBlack7 iOS 6 4 Oct 1, 2012 01:44 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC