Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:27 PM   #1
varunmaini2011
macrumors newbie

Is Facebook Push Notification Bug Solved in Apple IOS 6.1 update

I have a I Phone 4s and i just upgraded to IOS 6 Recently I have faced a hell lot of Problem with the Facebook Push Notification,i wanted to know if this Bug is Fixed in IOS 6.1 Update.....
varunmaini2011 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:39 PM   #2
Dwalls90
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunmaini2011 View Post
I have a I Phone 4s and i just upgraded to IOS 6 Recently I have faced a hell lot of Problem with the Facebook Push Notification,i wanted to know if this Bug is Fixed in IOS 6.1 Update.....
There is no Facebook Push Notification Bug!

The issue, is that Facebook no longer pre-installs with push notifications for everything pre-activated.

To turn them on, go to settings, notifications, facebook and turn them on!
Old Nov 3, 2012, 02:55 PM   #3
ben824
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalls90 View Post

The issue, is that Facebook no longer pre-installs with push notifications for everything pre-activated.

Mine are all on and still no sounds or vibrations only a notification that comes up on the screen and notification center. There is a bug with facebook notifications.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:49 PM   #4
lsutigerfan1976
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben824 View Post
Mine are all on and still no sounds or vibrations only a notification that comes up on the screen and notification center. There is a bug with facebook notifications.
This has happened since IOS 6 first came out. You get the actual badge, but without sound. It seems to be happening to ppl with IOS 5 also. Facebook doesn't seem to be willing to even acknowledge that there is a problem. But it started around the time they came out with a dedicated IOS app for the Iphone.
lsutigerfan1976 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:18 PM   #5
Defender2010
macrumors 68000

Quote:

This is totally false information. There is a Facebook bug, has been since 6.0 launched.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:04 PM   #6
Dwalls90
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender2010 View Post
This is totally false information. There is a Facebook bug, has been since 6.0 launched.
Okay.

Mine works perfectly. Sorry.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:11 PM   #7
armandxp
macrumors regular

Mine gives no sound either. I tried changing things in notification center, but to no avail!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:55 PM   #8
OlyXDGuy
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Okay.

Mine works perfectly. Sorry.

Perfect One Guy in America isn't having an issue.. I know at least 20 people with an iPhone and every one I know is.
OlyXDGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:06 PM   #9
C DM
macrumors G4

I just started having this issue on my iPhone 5 a few days before iOS 6.1 came out. Couldn't get it working no matter what I tried. However, shortly after installing iOS 6.1 yesterday Facebook notifications started working again suddenly. I'm still not sure if it's somehow related to iOS 6.1, simply due to installation of new firmware and a full reboot (I tried restarting/resetting myself before without much luck), or something else entirely, but things are working again.

One small note: I don't have sounds enabled for my Facebook notifications, so I'm not quite sure if that part of it works now (or worked/didn't work before) for me, but at least the notifications themselves started coming through after not working for a few days for some reason.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlyXDGuy View Post
Perfect One Guy in America isn't having an issue.. I know at least 20 people with an iPhone and every one I know is.
I'll say this much, I never had an issue with Facebook notifications until just a few days ago (which seems to have been fixed now)--at least for the past few years with an iPhone 4 and now with an iPhone 5 there haven't been any issues until just recently. A few other family members haven't had those issues over the past few years either, not even in the past few days when I was experiencing issue.

So, is it possible that a lot of people have these issues, while a few don't...perhaps, but it's probably more likely that most don't have the issues, and a few (or maybe just some) do have it, either always, or sometimes.
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 06:10 AM   #10
pdxmatts
macrumors member

If you want to jailbreak your phone, you can get a Cydia tweak called Pushtones and you can set up a tone for many apps. Works for Facebook
Old Feb 6, 2013, 06:51 AM   #11
aDRock1154
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
If you want to jailbreak your phone, you can get a Cydia tweak called Pushtones and you can set up a tone for many apps. Works for Facebook
Not ideal for most people; granted, it would fix the problem.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:54 AM   #12
xhArRiSoNxD
macrumors regular

I would just like to add that this has not been fixed and I have the bug.
xhArRiSoNxD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 02:01 PM   #13
scjr
macrumors newbie

Hasn't worked for me since iOS 6.
scjr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 03:50 PM   #14
kmpoboy2
macrumors 6502

It doesn't work in my i5 since I have it(launch), but it works in the wife's 4 and has never stopped working.

Both of them are in 6.1.
kmpoboy2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 04:57 PM   #15
ValerieDurden
macrumors 6502a

Still have this bug as well, I think it is account based as I had the same issue on my 4 with 5.1.1 and now my 5 with 6.1 so it's not hardware or software issues it's an app issue.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:32 AM   #16
nickE10mm
macrumors newbie

I remember reading a while back that the PROBLEM was that the Facebook app was "colliding" with the IOS FB integration. Try disabling IOS FB integration and then activating the FB app sounds....

(I'm at work and busy or I'd try it myself).

Also, for the record, I've had this bug for ages, too.
nickE10mm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:44 PM   #17
whsbuss
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickE10mm View Post
I remember reading a while back that the PROBLEM was that the Facebook app was "colliding" with the IOS FB integration. Try disabling IOS FB integration and then activating the FB app sounds....

(I'm at work and busy or I'd try it myself).

Also, for the record, I've had this bug for ages, too.
Really? Tell us how to do that.
whsbuss is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:15 AM   #18
nickE10mm
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss View Post
Really? Tell us how to do that.
Something to the effect of removing the app completely and all other references to its LOGIN in your phone, then rebooting, then reinstalling the app and somehow doing it differently where the IOS FB integration doesnt happen (ie, there is no "POST" section in the Notification center doing it this way) ... and THENNNN supposedly the Facebook app sounds and everything will work.

But I could be remembering wrong. If so, sorry... just trying to contribute ideas ... and, since I don't actually LIKE or WANT audible FB alerts, I'm not gonna mess around with it on my phone. So good luck guys but I'm keeping MY Facebook SILENT, lol
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:28 AM   #19
errant
macrumors newbie

Was happening on iOS 5 before I upgraded.

Was really annoying at first, but I prefer it now that my phone isn't dinging dumb **** at me all day.
errant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:35 AM   #20
nickE10mm
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by errant View Post
Was happening on iOS 5 before I upgraded.

Was really annoying at first, but I prefer it now that my phone isn't dinging dumb **** at me all day.
Ah, oh well. Hmm

I don't like the sounds either so it's no biggie to ME, but im sure some people want it. Lol.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:00 PM   #21
whsbuss
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickE10mm View Post
Something to the effect of removing the app completely and all other references to its LOGIN in your phone, then rebooting, then reinstalling the app and somehow doing it differently where the IOS FB integration doesnt happen (ie, there is no "POST" section in the Notification center doing it this way) ... and THENNNN supposedly the Facebook app sounds and everything will work.

But I could be remembering wrong. If so, sorry... just trying to contribute ideas ... and, since I don't actually LIKE or WANT audible FB alerts, I'm not gonna mess around with it on my phone. So good luck guys but I'm keeping MY Facebook SILENT, lol
Okay but before iOS6 the app failed to make sound notifications. I believe is was mid-2012 when FB updated to Ver.5 that it stopped.
whsbuss is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:37 PM   #22
Pattycerts
macrumors 6502

Considering how PN's work I would say the problem is on Facebook's side, not Apple's. But what do I know
Pattycerts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:46 PM   #23
nickE10mm
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
Considering how PN's work I would say the problem is on Facebook's side, not Apple's. But what do I know
Yep you are probably correct

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6