Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 2, 2012, 05:43 PM   #1
oclor
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boston
Walked into an apple store to buy a Retina MBP, walked out with Air

My 4 year old 15" MBP has been freezing a lot and stuttering way too much on even iPhoto (I quit using Aperture because of the performance). I knew it was time to get a new laptop, and having experienced the glory that is the Retina display in my 3rd gen iPad, I wanted nothing more than a retina MBP.

When the 15" rMBP came out, I was so excited and really wanted one. But I thought that maybe because this screen is so awesome, I could get the 13" (when it came out) and have a much more portable laptop with an awesome screen. Then they announced the 13" rMBP...

I knew that was it. I was disappointed by the specs but I knew I had to have it. I went to the apple store and compared the 13" and 15". I kept thinking about it. With my student discount, it was going to be a $100 difference between the 13" 256gb and 15" 256gb (which btw is also quad core, discrete graphics, ect.).

So I decided to get the 15". I told the guy that was helping me and he sent some sort of signal from his iPad for the sales guy to come help me check out. The sales guy came out and asked me what I was using it for, I told him (web, email, light photo editing). He told me that I wouldn't be using the processing power and that I should just get an air. I tried explaining to him the awesomeness I felt from the iPad's retina display (I have owned the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen) but he wouldn't budge. I got pissed off and told him fine let me thing about it.

I realized that I wanted something more portable. The 15" was just way too big. I don't care how light it is, I don't care how thin it is, it takes up a lot of space. So I decided on the 13". Then I looked at the specs and realized that I would be spending $450 more just for the retina display. So I decided to go with the air.

I have had this air for almost a week now and boy am I happy! This thing is awesome! I still get goosebumps every time I see it sitting on my table because of how sleek and thin it is. Even though I got the barebones base model 13" (I plan on upgrading next year cause I hate buying mid-cycle) I think it is performing brilliantly. I couldn't be happier.

I just thought I would share my experience just incase anyone was going through the same thing. The bottom line is this: Sure I wish this had a retina display, but having a laptop this thin and fast with a retina display is probably at least 3 years away. Might as well get this screen with all of the other benefits (which I believe make up for the resolution).
oclor is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 05:47 PM   #2
thejadedmonkey
macrumors 604
 
thejadedmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pa
Send a message via AIM to thejadedmonkey
Good guy salesman: screws his company out of $1000 dollars
thejadedmonkey is offline   25 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 05:48 PM   #3
insimbi
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by oclor View Post
My 4 year old 15" MBP has been freezing a lot and stuttering way too much on even iPhoto (I quit using Aperture because of the performance). I knew it was time to get a new laptop, and having experienced the glory that is the Retina display in my 3rd gen iPad, I wanted nothing more than a retina MBP.

When the 15" rMBP came out, I was so excited and really wanted one. But I thought that maybe because this screen is so awesome, I could get the 13" (when it came out) and have a much more portable laptop with an awesome screen. Then they announced the 13" rMBP...

I knew that was it. I was disappointed by the specs but I knew I had to have it. I went to the apple store and compared the 13" and 15". I kept thinking about it. With my student discount, it was going to be a $100 difference between the 13" 256gb and 15" 256gb (which btw is also quad core, discrete graphics, ect.).

So I decided to get the 15". I told the guy that was helping me and he sent some sort of signal from his iPad for the sales guy to come help me check out. The sales guy came out and asked me what I was using it for, I told him (web, email, light photo editing). He told me that I wouldn't be using the processing power and that I should just get an air. I tried explaining to him the awesomeness I felt from the iPad's retina display (I have owned the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen) but he wouldn't budge. I got pissed off and told him fine let me thing about it.

I realized that I wanted something more portable. The 15" was just way too big. I don't care how light it is, I don't care how thin it is, it takes up a lot of space. So I decided on the 13". Then I looked at the specs and realized that I would be spending $450 more just for the retina display. So I decided to go with the air.

I have had this air for almost a week now and boy am I happy! This thing is awesome! I still get goosebumps every time I see it sitting on my table because of how sleek and thin it is. Even though I got the barebones base model 13" (I plan on upgrading next year cause I hate buying mid-cycle) I think it is performing brilliantly. I couldn't be happier.

I just thought I would share my experience just incase anyone was going through the same thing. The bottom line is this: Sure I wish this had a retina display, but having a laptop this thin and fast with a retina display is probably at least 3 years away. Might as well get this screen with all of the other benefits (which I believe make up for the resolution).
Agreed! I recently returned my 15" rMBP and just got my 13" Air yesterday. Yes, the screen isn't retina, but my retina screen on the MBP was plagued with issues anyway (screen retention). I don't think the retina screen is completely ready for prime time anyway. I'm very happy with the Air and have no regrets making the switch.
I maxed mine out at 2.0GHz/8GB/512GB

__________________
iPhone 5s ∙ iPad Air ∙ iMac ∙ MacBook Air ∙ Apple TV
insimbi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 06:49 PM   #4
Jamie0003
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Norfolk, UK
Send a message via AIM to Jamie0003 Send a message via MSN to Jamie0003 Send a message via Yahoo to Jamie0003 Send a message via Skype™ to Jamie0003
Quote:
Originally Posted by insimbi View Post
Agreed! I recently returned my 15" rMBP and just got my 13" Air yesterday. Yes, the screen isn't retina, but my retina screen on the MBP was plagued with issues anyway (screen retention). I don't think the retina screen is completely ready for prime time anyway. I'm very happy with the Air and have no regrets making the switch.
I maxed mine out at 2.0GHz/8GB/512GB

I have been on the fence about these two machines ever since the 15" was announced (been waiting on the 13) and the price premium, screen issues and only slightly better CPU make the 13 inch retina a bit of a waste of money really. The only thing it really has over the 13" air is the retina display, and you're paying a lot for it.

I could understand the price if it came with either a dedicated GPU or a quad core processor, but it doesn't have either and if you were going for power you would have to go with the 15" to justify it in my opinion. But I have had a 2011 cMBP since it came out and think the 15 inch is too big for my needs.

I have decided to go for a refurb maxed out Air, and will probably upgrade when the rMBP goes down in price (or they bring retina to the Air).

I think that in the next 3 years the classic Macbooks will be phased out, and the Air and Pro might even be merged into one line of just an 13 and 15" version as processors get smaller and Apple is able to put pro specs into an Air.
__________________
iPhone 4S 16GB
Macbook Pro 13" 2.3GHZ Intel Core i5, 2011 model
TV 3
Jamie0003 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 09:34 PM   #5
TheRichboy247
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejadedmonkey View Post
Good guy salesman: screws his company out of $1000 dollars
LOL. So true..
__________________
I LOVE APPLE! MBA 2012 1.8GHz i5, 4GB RAM, 128 SSD. iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD
TheRichboy247 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 08:18 AM   #6
drsox
macrumors 65816
 
drsox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Xhystos
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejadedmonkey View Post
Good guy salesman: screws his company out of $1000 dollars
Yes, but. It's the Ron Johnson approach not the John Browett approach ?
I bet the OP will spend more than $1000 in the future because he was guided to a better solution.

Or, have I missed the irony in the comment ?
__________________
2014 13in MBA, 2014 i7 Mini, 2011 13in MBA, iPad2, iPhone5, iPhone4S.
Sonos System, NTV550s, ReadyNASs.
drsox is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 01:04 PM   #7
jrasero
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NYC
That's great. I did the same. I was looking at the 15" RMBP and 13" RMBP but got a refurbished 13" MBA i7, 256GB, 8GB

I would say maybe you could have looked at the 13" RMBP if the 15" was too big for you?

The employee trying to sell you a lower priced item makes sense because they don't make commission and they make almost minimum wage. So really their advice is really their own opinion or bias. For instance two years ago I went to upgrade my software at an Apple store to one of the big cat OS and I asked if I needed to buy the full software package at x amount or just a single upgrade for a whole lot less. The salesperson said the full upgrade was BS and just a way for Apple to make money and that I could just go with the cheaper option.

I think the lack of commission and the low pay kind of mellows out salespeople . Yes they love Apple and they are dedicated but they aren't sharks because they have nothing to gain. Would Apple make more money with a commission based system? Who knows really, but I think it would effect the atmosphere of the store since most people coming in just use the store to look and try out new goods and putting pressure on them to buy might just scare them off.

Either way there are a lot of benefits of an air over the new RMBP line. I like the wedge feel and to be .57 pounds or whatever it is does make a difference when traveling or carrying it around. Unless your a hardcore video or photographer you probably will not need a retina. In my eyes the MBA air screen is like 720P compared to 4K resolutions. Yes 4K is superb but putting it on a TV overkill plus there isn't a ton of content optimized for 4K. The same can be said for Retina displays 2560-by-1600 resolution or 2880-by-1800, why do you need resolutions like this on a 13" or 15" screen. Those kinds of resolutions have 2 to 3 times more million pixels then a 1080P screen and remember 1080P is the standard for high definition and is found on TVs that go up to 100". A 60" 1080P TV has a PPI of 36.72 and a 13" MBA has one of 89.37.
jrasero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 01:18 PM   #8
ixodes
macrumors 601
 
ixodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pacific Coast, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by insimbi View Post
Agreed! I recently returned my 15" rMBP and just got my 13" Air yesterday. Yes, the screen isn't retina, but my retina screen on the MBP was plagued with issues anyway (screen retention). I don't think the retina screen is completely ready for prime time anyway. I'm very happy with the Air and have no regrets making the switch.
I maxed mine out at 2.0GHz/8GB/512GB

You made a very smart move. Having both myself, the retina is very over rated.

My 13" 2012 MBA is one of the very best Apple laptops, for overall use, that Apple's made in a long time.
__________________
An Ultra Fast Mac Is...My Favorite
ixodes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 02:26 PM   #9
slumpey326
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrasero View Post
That's great. I did the same. I was looking at the 15" RMBP and 13" RMBP but got a refurbished 13" MBA i7, 256GB, 8GB

I would say maybe you could have looked at the 13" RMBP if the 15" was too big for you?

The employee trying to sell you a lower priced item makes sense because they don't make commission and they make almost minimum wage. So really their advice is really their own opinion or bias. For instance two years ago I went to upgrade my software at an Apple store to one of the big cat OS and I asked if I needed to buy the full software package at x amount or just a single upgrade for a whole lot less. The salesperson said the full upgrade was BS and just a way for Apple to make money and that I could just go with the cheaper option.

I think the lack of commission and the low pay kind of mellows out salespeople . Yes they love Apple and they are dedicated but they aren't sharks because they have nothing to gain. Would Apple make more money with a commission based system? Who knows really, but I think it would effect the atmosphere of the store since most people coming in just use the store to look and try out new goods and putting pressure on them to buy might just scare them off.

Either way there are a lot of benefits of an air over the new RMBP line. I like the wedge feel and to be .57 pounds or whatever it is does make a difference when traveling or carrying it around. Unless your a hardcore video or photographer you probably will not need a retina. In my eyes the MBA air screen is like 720P compared to 4K resolutions. Yes 4K is superb but putting it on a TV overkill plus there isn't a ton of content optimized for 4K. The same can be said for Retina displays 2560-by-1600 resolution or 2880-by-1800, why do you need resolutions like this on a 13" or 15" screen. Those kinds of resolutions have 2 to 3 times more million pixels then a 1080P screen and remember 1080P is the standard for high definition and is found on TVs that go up to 100". A 60" 1080P TV has a PPI of 36.72 and a 13" MBA has one of 89.37.
Where did you get the refurbished from
slumpey326 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 02:35 PM   #10
Dick Whitman
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by oclor View Post
My 4 year old 15" MBP has been freezing a lot and stuttering way too much on even iPhoto (I quit using Aperture because of the performance). I knew it was time to get a new laptop, and having experienced the glory that is the Retina display in my 3rd gen iPad, I wanted nothing more than a retina MBP.

When the 15" rMBP came out, I was so excited and really wanted one. But I thought that maybe because this screen is so awesome, I could get the 13" (when it came out) and have a much more portable laptop with an awesome screen. Then they announced the 13" rMBP...

I knew that was it. I was disappointed by the specs but I knew I had to have it. I went to the apple store and compared the 13" and 15". I kept thinking about it. With my student discount, it was going to be a $100 difference between the 13" 256gb and 15" 256gb (which btw is also quad core, discrete graphics, ect.).

So I decided to get the 15". I told the guy that was helping me and he sent some sort of signal from his iPad for the sales guy to come help me check out. The sales guy came out and asked me what I was using it for, I told him (web, email, light photo editing). He told me that I wouldn't be using the processing power and that I should just get an air. I tried explaining to him the awesomeness I felt from the iPad's retina display (I have owned the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen) but he wouldn't budge. I got pissed off and told him fine let me thing about it.

I realized that I wanted something more portable. The 15" was just way too big. I don't care how light it is, I don't care how thin it is, it takes up a lot of space. So I decided on the 13". Then I looked at the specs and realized that I would be spending $450 more just for the retina display. So I decided to go with the air.

I have had this air for almost a week now and boy am I happy! This thing is awesome! I still get goosebumps every time I see it sitting on my table because of how sleek and thin it is. Even though I got the barebones base model 13" (I plan on upgrading next year cause I hate buying mid-cycle) I think it is performing brilliantly. I couldn't be happier.

I just thought I would share my experience just incase anyone was going through the same thing. The bottom line is this: Sure I wish this had a retina display, but having a laptop this thin and fast with a retina display is probably at least 3 years away. Might as well get this screen with all of the other benefits (which I believe make up for the resolution).
Awesome man, I'm glad everything worked out for you. I'm also looking to snag an Air really soon but I was planning on ordering one online with 8 GB of RAM. How is the base model with 4 GB?
Dick Whitman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 03:12 PM   #11
oclor
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrasero View Post
I would say maybe you could have looked at the 13" RMBP if the 15" was too big for you?
I did, and I wanted to buy it, but I realized that the specs were almost identical to the air, so I was going to pay $450 just for the retina display. Not worth it in my opinion since that's almost the price of a brand new iPad.
oclor is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 07:50 PM   #12
plucky duck
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
I would definitely get the Air/iPad combo rather than just a 13" rMBP, not worth the premium imo. Retina is nice, but not ~$500 nice. I have the new ipad along with the 11" Air, and once had an iPhone 4. The Air's resolution is not the best, but that's not where it really shines, I value form factor size and weight over the display, otherwise I would not have chosen the Air.
plucky duck is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:33 PM   #13
sostoobad
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston
I am an Air guy, nothing wrong with Macbook pros. But the fit and feel are just right. plus as one of the Apple guys pointed out, most people never even come close to using all the extra this and that of the more beefed up models...if you do fine, than thats a better choice. But to me when it comes to a laptop weight is king.

I mean how many people would buy the RMBPro 13" if it weighed say 15 lbs....I doubt anyone would no matter how clean and clear the screen was.

Plus it is new technology, so you are paying a premium for it.
sostoobad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:15 AM   #14
entatlrg
macrumors Demi-God
 
entatlrg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixodes View Post
You made a very smart move. Having both myself, the retina is very over rated.

My 13" 2012 MBA is one of the very best Apple laptops, for overall use, that Apple's made in a long time.
Is your retina Mac 13 or 15"?

I'm coming to the same conclusion , I may return my 13" rMBP and stick with the 2012 13" Air.
entatlrg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 05:22 AM   #15
ixodes
macrumors 601
 
ixodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pacific Coast, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by entatlrg View Post
Is your retina Mac 13 or 15"?

I'm coming to the same conclusion , I may return my 13" rMBP and stick with the 2012 13" Air.
I'm currently using both 13 & 15 inch sizes. I'm a Mac laptop addict
__________________
An Ultra Fast Mac Is...My Favorite
ixodes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:32 AM   #16
david3000
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejadedmonkey View Post
Good guy salesman: screws his company out of $1000 dollars
Good guy salesman: puts customer above profit margin, wins customer loyalty
david3000 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:43 AM   #17
wilycoder
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejadedmonkey View Post
Good guy salesman: screws his company out of $1000 dollars
Less chance of customer return.
wilycoder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:52 AM   #18
entatlrg
macrumors Demi-God
 
entatlrg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixodes View Post
I'm currently using both 13 & 15 inch sizes. I'm a Mac laptop addict
I have both sizes rMBP at the moment as well. Which one do you prefer so far? I think I like the 13" Air the most overall, the 15" rMBP second. The 13" retina didn't turn out to be the perfect laptop for me and I was so sure it would.
entatlrg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:02 PM   #19
ixodes
macrumors 601
 
ixodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pacific Coast, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by entatlrg View Post
I have both sizes rMBP at the moment as well. Which one do you prefer so far? I think I like the 13" Air the most overall, the 15" rMBP second. The 13" retina didn't turn out to be the perfect laptop for me and I was so sure it would.
They are both very nice. With the wide variety of usage scenarios I have due to work, play, personal, etc I don't generally make any attempt to pick one favorite.

It's easier to give an opinion based on usage, so here's my take:

Overall my absolute favorite, for general purpose use is my fully loaded 13" 2012 MBA.

With a PPI of 127 vs 227 for the 13" MBPr, most people would probably choose the retina.

However the thinner, lighter, tapered shape of the MBA makes using it very comfortable. No sharp leading edge like the MBP's, as it tapers down to the work surface.

The MBA non-retina display is very nice. Retina is most certainly finer on a granular level yet it doesn't appeal to me on a laptop the way it does on a phone or tablet.

That said the MBPr 13 & 15 models are nicely compact and lighter than their non-retina counterparts. So once again it's simply about choices.
__________________
An Ultra Fast Mac Is...My Favorite
ixodes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 04:28 PM   #20
krravi
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by oclor View Post
My 4 year old 15" MBP has been freezing a lot and stuttering way too much on even iPhoto (I quit using Aperture because of the performance). I knew it was time to get a new laptop, and having experienced the glory that is the Retina display in my 3rd gen iPad, I wanted nothing more than a retina MBP.

When the 15" rMBP came out, I was so excited and really wanted one. But I thought that maybe because this screen is so awesome, I could get the 13" (when it came out) and have a much more portable laptop with an awesome screen. Then they announced the 13" rMBP...

I knew that was it. I was disappointed by the specs but I knew I had to have it. I went to the apple store and compared the 13" and 15". I kept thinking about it. With my student discount, it was going to be a $100 difference between the 13" 256gb and 15" 256gb (which btw is also quad core, discrete graphics, ect.).

So I decided to get the 15". I told the guy that was helping me and he sent some sort of signal from his iPad for the sales guy to come help me check out. The sales guy came out and asked me what I was using it for, I told him (web, email, light photo editing). He told me that I wouldn't be using the processing power and that I should just get an air. I tried explaining to him the awesomeness I felt from the iPad's retina display (I have owned the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen) but he wouldn't budge. I got pissed off and told him fine let me thing about it.

I realized that I wanted something more portable. The 15" was just way too big. I don't care how light it is, I don't care how thin it is, it takes up a lot of space. So I decided on the 13". Then I looked at the specs and realized that I would be spending $450 more just for the retina display. So I decided to go with the air.

I have had this air for almost a week now and boy am I happy! This thing is awesome! I still get goosebumps every time I see it sitting on my table because of how sleek and thin it is. Even though I got the barebones base model 13" (I plan on upgrading next year cause I hate buying mid-cycle) I think it is performing brilliantly. I couldn't be happier.

I just thought I would share my experience just incase anyone was going through the same thing. The bottom line is this: Sure I wish this had a retina display, but having a laptop this thin and fast with a retina display is probably at least 3 years away. Might as well get this screen with all of the other benefits (which I believe make up for the resolution).
I can't buy anything in the Apple store near me. All the items they have are barebones config and I have always had to order it online from Apple.
__________________
Lots of Apple,Sony and other gadgets.
krravi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 04:41 PM   #21
Beanoir
macrumors 6502a
 
Beanoir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: 51 degrees North
Quote:
Originally Posted by insimbi View Post
I don't think the retina screen is completely ready for prime time anyway.

This is so true and I don't think people realise the con of the retina display at the moment. It'll be fine when all apps etc make good use of it, but for now I just think it's hype.
__________________
iPhone5 32Gb-iPad Mini 64Gb
iMac 27" 3.2Ghz i3 / 16Gb / 1Tb
MacMini 2.33GHz / 128Gb SSD / 20" ACD
Macbook Air 11.6" 1.6Ghz i5 / 4Gb / 128Gb
Beanoir is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 05:17 PM   #22
yourtoys7
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejadedmonkey View Post
Good guy salesman: screws his company out of $1000 dollars
or... good salesman that looked into what customer needed/ wanted and advised accordingly.
__________________
iPhone5S (Westone UM2), iTV, (late 2012), Macbook Pro Retina 15" 8/ 256 (April 27/ 2014)
yourtoys7 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 05:54 PM   #23
SeanR1
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourtoys7 View Post
or... good salesman that looked into what customer needed/ wanted and advised accordingly.
i agree.
SeanR1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 05:07 AM   #24
futuredub
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
I have also made the switch from 15" rMBP to a 13" MBA.
The still image quality of the rMBP was great but, at the moment anyway, the hidpi display is a double edged sword.
Really enjoying the air's form factor. Liberating.
futuredub is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 05:11 AM   #25
sensorian
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Manchester, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourtoys7 View Post
or... good salesman that looked into what customer needed/ wanted and advised accordingly.
This is called consultative selling and is the only way for the sales profession to ditch it's bad reputation. I applaud this approach, over time it pays dividends.
sensorian is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So I walked in a Microsoft store today... shootingrubber Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion 32 Jan 6, 2013 12:39 AM
iPad Mini: Updated: Walked in for iPad 4, walked out with iPad mini! Then walked in again... :( Anti-Lucifer iPad 152 Jan 1, 2013 11:19 AM
Walked right into Best Buy and got one! paulie6978 iPhone 14 Nov 30, 2012 08:20 AM
Walked into Local AT&T Store macbookman83 iPhone 0 Sep 22, 2012 12:03 PM
Took my iPhone to a Microsoft Store... walked out $1000 richer millertime021 iPhone 23 Sep 11, 2012 02:37 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC