Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eric5964

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Southeast Michigan
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, a search did not bring up anything. But since the update to ios6 a couple of days ago...a feature that I always wanted is there! When scheduling a calendar entry, there is now the ability to put a "second" alert....so say an hour before, then again 15 minutes before....I love it, thank you apple!

Now if we could only set up group email distribution lists, I would be really happy ( :

Did anyone else see this one?

EricE

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, a search did not bring up anything. But since the update to ios6 a couple of days ago...a feature that I always wanted is there! When scheduling a calendar entry, there is now the ability to put a "second" alert....so say an hour before, then again 15 minutes before....I love it, thank you apple!

Now if we could only set up group email distribution lists, I would be really happy ( :

Did anyone else see this one?

EricE

It's definitely very handy...though not new (been there for as long as I can remember).

katmeef

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
It is only there when I am using my icloud calendar, if I switch to put appointments in my work exchange calendar i can only put one reminder.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    73.2 KB · Views: 89

Joesmith13245

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
See attached. Maybe I'm missing something? Thinking its because I'm using Exchange account?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 92

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
It is only there when I am using my icloud calendar, if I switch to put appointments in my work exchange calendar i can only put one reminder.

It hadn't occurred to me but this appears to be correct. I see it when creating an event in my iCloud calendar but not when using Exchange (work or Gmail). Not sure about other email/calendar services or Gmail as a non-Exchange setup.

S

syd430

since the update to ios6 a couple of days ago...a feature that I always wanted is there!

That was one of the shipping features of iOS 1.0.

Oh c'mon... It's 5:00 in the morning here and I almost woke my girlfriend from laughing at this

Edit: I meant the exchange just read funny. Wasn't laughing at OP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joesmith13245

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012

Oh c'mon... It's 5:00 in the morning here and I almost woke my girlfriend from laughing at this

Yea, but if you never used local or iCloud/Mobile Me calendar you would never have known this feature existed. I've used exchange since my first iPhone and never new this feature existed until this thread.

Eric5964

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Southeast Michigan
Yea, but if you never used local or iCloud/Mobile Me calendar you would never have known this feature existed. I've used exchange since my first iPhone and never new this feature existed until this thread.

Thanks guys, that's what it was...was always on exchange for work and no longer and went to iCloud and boom, there it is!

EricE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.