Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:31 AM   #1
gvdv
macrumors regular

Any Experiences with Presonus's Studio One 2?

Hi does anyone have any experience with the Mac version of 'Studio One 2' DAW/software?

If so, I would be very grateful to hear your impressions.

Thanks in advance,
gvdv
Old Nov 1, 2012, 05:43 AM   #2
musio
macrumors 68000

logical, intuitive enough start recording, quick, nice all in one page sequencer.
musio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:16 PM   #3
gvdv
macrumors regular

Thank you for your response, musio.

That is good to know.

Have you had any experience of other DAW's to compare it to, and if so, what was that experience?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 01:55 AM   #4
musio
macrumors 68000

Studio one is exactly what people say, a cross between logic and cubase. It's from ex Steinberg developers. It has got the best bits from both. IF and that is an IF logic X comes out, it better be better than studio one.

Why don't you install the free version of it and give it a go? If you're new to recording stick with garage band. Studio one is harder to use. You can do some great things with GarageBand if you're new to the game

http://studioone.presonus.com/free/
musio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 03:09 PM   #5
gvdv
macrumors regular

Thanks, musio, yes, I had planned to install the demo version after I check whether my old Mac Pro's specs are up to it.

Thanks,

gvdv
Old Nov 4, 2012, 02:08 PM   #6
fastlanephil
macrumors 6502a

I've been testing out the free version of Studio One v.2. I bought Digital Performer 6 a few years back and struggled with it even after using a DVD tutorial. I just didn't have the patience to figure it out. It does have it's fans and can do just about everything well but I'd probably need someone to show me how to use it.

I've been using Sagan Technology Metro 6 for a long time which is pretty easy to learn and strong on the MIDI side but I would like use Metro and another DAW for additional features.

Probably like others I'm waiting to see what Apple does with Logic. Apple is going to have to really raise the bar to compete with Studio One. A few new tools and interior decorating isn't going to cut it for me.
fastlanephil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 04:36 PM   #7
gvdv
macrumors regular

Although I plan to try the demo version of S.O.2 at some point, from what people have said, and knowing that Logic will have to, as fastlanephil said, come up with something good, I am inclined to wait to see what happens, and continue to use Garageband for now.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio