Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:25 AM   #1
pizz
macrumors regular

No more Nano watch :(

New nano sucks. Why would u want to watch video on a 2" screen? they should of stuck with the watch idea. Oh well no Nano for me

Last edited by pizz; Oct 22, 2012 at 11:31 AM.
pizz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:38 AM   #2
AnonMac50
macrumors 65816

A relative of mine also wanted the watch nano, and they actually found one I haven't had a chance to ask them from where they got it. They actually do where it as a watch.
AnonMac50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:26 PM   #3
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizz View Post
Why would u want to watch video on a 2" screen?
With the success of the iPod Video, and the opening of the iTunes video store to go alongside it, I'm pretty sure there were millions who were watching movies on a screen that small back then. I know I was, it was a great way to bring my TV shows on the go. Obviously, pretty much every iPod with a screen released since then, now has video playback due to that.

When you're watching a movie on a screen that small, it doesn't really matter. Your eyes adjust to it, and it becomes natural. Think of it as like laying in bed and watching your TV that is across the room on a shelf. It's the same view range on a Nano, except your holding it a few inches away from your face.

I really like the video feature on the Nano. I have probably used it every single day since I got it.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:28 PM   #4
jtp098
macrumors Demi-God

Ebay has them and apple has some refrubs.

I agree the new nano is just weird. I use the old nano as a watch and I have another for running. just clip it on and your good to go.
jtp098 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:25 PM   #5
iLLUMI
macrumors regular

Nano Keychain Fob

The Nano Watch is now the Nano Keychain Fob.
It's too big to wear as a watch but add a keychain fob case to it and it becomes one of those digital photo keychain thingies.
Something like these:
http://www.theanimalfiles.com/images...o_keychain.jpg
http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j0...ITC-FZA01-.jpg
iLLUMI is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:23 PM   #6
7thson
macrumors 6502

Don't give up hope. It might make a comeback next year. I remember a patent/design that showed up here that included a camera, with hole in the clip to accommodate. Maybe they just couldn't make it happen this year and so they punted and came up with the new design rather than keep the clip design for a third year. I'm with you, I don't watch videos on a screen that size, but I know people were complaining about the lack of video on the clip nanos. It's hard to make a product that everyone can agree on.
7thson is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:27 PM   #7
kaielement
macrumors 6502a

I hope it comes back the nano is not a very good place to watch videos because the screen is to small. I love wearing my nano as a watch and wear it almost everyday.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:27 AM   #8
jkrutch
macrumors regular

Sounds like another iPod model in the making...

Apple needs the "iPod Sport". It's the 6th gen clip nano, but this time with bluetooth. For me, that's the perfect iPod since I only use my iPod for the gym.

I already have a 27" iMac, 11.6" MBA, orig iPad, and the ip5 for when I am not training.

I purchased the new iPod nano a few days ago only because Apple added bluetooth and I can't stand working out with wires. Even tucked inside my shirt, the wires were still an issue. The new nano is too big and the lack of a clip sucks. Even though my shorts have a pocket, I still prefer the old design much more. I chose the lesser of two evils.

Now I have 2 6th gen nanos that will likely never get used again. One is still in the box...
jkrutch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:51 AM   #9
faroZ06
Banned

removed

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I really like the video feature on the Nano. I have probably used it every single day since I got it.
If you want to watch video, you can buy a used iPod touch for less than $150. I think the iPod nano and iPod touch overlap too much now. The watch was cool.
faroZ06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:58 AM   #10
Xanderstone12
macrumors member

They need to make a iPod that is a watch and syncs up with the iPhone. Shows alerts and texts/emails. Like the pebble but not as ugly. They could literally charge whatever they wanted for it and it would sell like crazy. It would be a must have for iPhone users. And I could read my texts and emails while I worked on people's teeth at work(dentistry)
Xanderstone12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:07 PM   #11
rever3nce
macrumors 6502a

my iPod nano doubles as my watch at work and when I workout (nike plus)

everyone thinks I have an expensive watch at work lol
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:25 PM   #12
FlatlinerG
macrumors 6502a

I feel bad for that guy who put the magnets in his wrist for the 6th gen
...and many more.
FlatlinerG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:42 PM   #13
Phightinphils
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
With the success of the iPod Video, and the opening of the iTunes video store to go alongside it, I'm pretty sure there were millions who were watching movies on a screen that small back then. I know I was, it was a great way to bring my TV shows on the go. Obviously, pretty much every iPod with a screen released since then, now has video playback due to that.

When you're watching a movie on a screen that small, it doesn't really matter. Your eyes adjust to it, and it becomes natural. Think of it as like laying in bed and watching your TV that is across the room on a shelf. It's the same view range on a Nano, except your holding it a few inches away from your face.

They also didn't have 4" iPod Touches, iPad Minis, iPhones, and iPads back then... it was the only option to watch movies on an apple product on the go. Not the case anymore.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:55 PM   #14
iExpensive
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phightinphils View Post
They also didn't have 4" iPod Touches, iPad Minis, iPhones, and iPads back then... it was the only option to watch movies on an apple product on the go. Not the case anymore.
To add that feature to another product costs them not one penny.
So no matter how dubious it is, it's ignorant to not add it every product.
iExpensive is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:54 PM   #15
vanz
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanderstone12 View Post
They need to make a iPod that is a watch and syncs up with the iPhone. Shows alerts and texts/emails. Like the pebble but not as ugly. They could literally charge whatever they wanted for it and it would sell like crazy. It would be a must have for iPhone users. And I could read my texts and emails while I worked on people's teeth at work(dentistry)
This. I really hope they come up with something like the pebble.
vanz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:39 AM   #16
maxwelltech
macrumors 6502

Go to the refurb store if you really want it.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 02:20 AM   #17
Eckscaliber
macrumors 6502a

I absolutely love the new design.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 06:56 AM   #18
gpsouza
macrumors 6502

I really think that would be a great idea to the old nano (6th gen) to become a new kind of shuffle. They're almost same size. It could be the new entry model for apple, albeit being more expensive than the shuffle...
Old Nov 1, 2012, 07:07 AM   #19
Sodner
macrumors 68000

Gald the wife got me a Nano when she did. She got me it along with a watch band and now I have somewhat of a collectors item.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:27 AM   #20
s0nicpr0s
macrumors member

I don't know that they'll have the greatest selection, but some gamestops have iPods. I've only come across 2 8gb 6th gen nanos with a handful of other generations and types. But a basic selection is better than none
PSN/GT/GC ~ ShadowHazard911
s0nicpr0s is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 09:36 PM   #21
AGaleski
macrumors member

I actually just recently ordered and revived my Nano 6th Gen off Amazon.com. Ordered a watch band as well - love it!

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPod-nan...&keywords=nano
AGaleski is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 09:40 PM   #22
LizKat
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Holy s%%#. Texting while drilling?!?!
LizKat is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:07 PM   #23
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Please tell me where you work so I never have to go to you for dental work.
GoCubsGo is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:16 PM   #24
slowtony
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodner View Post
Gald the wife got me a Nano when she did. She got me it along with a watch band and now I have somewhat of a collectors item.
Amazon or Apple Store (yes, they still have them). Yes, the 6th Generation Nano *has* become an instant classic. A 6G and a watch band, as your wife got for you, might be a great holiday gift for that special someone. Early online shopping - like NOW - is recommended.
slowtony is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:06 PM   #25
carve
macrumors 6502a

It's for the kiddies.s
carve is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod