Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quantum paradox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
Is it all that it is cracked up to be? What are some common issues you are experiencing? Are the new earbuds all that great?

riptide747

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
mine came with faulty hardware that made it shut down and reboot in a continuous loop until i restored it twice. getting a new one monday

mrskb

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
Michigan
I love mine!! I upgraded from IPT 4g, which I was happy with. But this is really great! I've had no issues with mine so far....

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
And the award for most vaguely titled thread goes to…

But seriously, I went from a 4g to a 5g, and the difference is amazing. The battery lasts all day, the screen is incredibly vibrant, multitasking is seamless and doesn't hinder graphic-intensive apps, the camera takes real pictures, and everything is much faster in general. I also use Siri daily to set timers, reminders, and play music.

I new iPod touch is more than it's cracked up to be.

windowpain

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Japan
And the award for most vaguely titled thread goes to…

But seriously, I went from a 4g to a 5g, and the difference is amazing. The battery lasts all day, the screen is incredibly vibrant, multitasking is seamless and doesn't hinder graphic-intensive apps, the camera takes real pictures, and everything is much faster in general. I also use Siri daily to set timers, reminders, and play music.

I new iPod touch is more than it's cracked up to be.

I completely agree with everything you have just said (including about the thread title!)

I tried using my 4G again yesterday and it was a major difference, just felt so heavy and chunky, and seemed to take an age to do anything. The 5G is a fantastic ipod..it really is.

I haven't even opened the earbuds..I use a set of cheap sony earphones. They do the job.

The only 'issue' I have found is that it is sometimes hard to keep a hold of as it is so light, especially one handed. The strap is a great feature!

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
I couldn't be happier with mine. It's a HUGE step up. It's all it's cracked up to be and more. And after using the screen for a while, the screen on the 4s feels short and squatty.

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
Is it all that it is cracked up to be? What are some common issues you are experiencing? Are the new earbuds all that great?

The only "issue" I had was that initially my touch 5 would not remember my home network, although it worked perfectly everywhere else. That was easily fixed in the settings. I also have an iPad 2 and I find the WiFi on the touch has a much longer range.

The new ear pods are great. So nice the set that came with my iPod was borrowed by another family member who couldn't keep her own earbuds in her ears. I purchased the ear pods with mic and remote and find them terrific. Very handy to tell Siri to play the music I want while outdoors working in my garden (with my iPod in a zipped pocket and gloves on my hands).

The iPod touch 5 and the new ear pods are terrific products. I did buy a clear case for the back to protect it.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Very happy here, it's even suffered it's first fall face down onto kitchen tiles from about 4 foot - husbands fault i hasten to add - and has survived today.

Much faster than the 4g, feels a great upgrade, no issues here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.