Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wmansour

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
Hi everyone

I would like some recommendations for an app that would help me migrate all my emails on iCloud to my gmail account before terminating my icloud account.

Many thanks for your help

Wasma

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Imap

Hi Wasma,
If you're using a mail application (like Apple Mail or Thunderbird) on your computer - you can configure it to receive email from your iCloud and Gmail accounts, then select all the messages from iCloud, and drag them to the "All Mail" folder in Gmail; this will copy them across, into the "Archived Mail" area of Gmail.
Hope that helps.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Hi Wasma,
If you're using a mail application (like Apple Mail or Thunderbird) on your computer - you can configure it to receive email from your iCloud and Gmail accounts, then select all the messages from iCloud, and drag them to the "All Mail" folder in Gmail; this will copy them across, into the "Archived Mail" area of Gmail.
Hope that helps.

Taking it a bit further, you can "copy" the emails from one account's folders (Inbox, Sent, Draft and any others you have configured in both places) to the other's via the Mac's "Mail" app. Best to do it a bit at a time (like say month-by-month), as you'll likely get the occasional hiccup during the transfer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.