Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:30 AM   #1
DJ5chwa
macrumors newbie

Exclamation Ipod touch 4th gen stuck in weird turn on loop :( ---Help PLease

okay so my girlfriend locked her jailbroken ipod somehow and didnt know how o get it unlocked(she is using the cydia app Androidlock) so i took it to delete her passcode using Diskaid so i did so and still the passcode was there so i turned the ipod off and on and now its in some weird loop... apple logo appears stays like that for a bit then the pinwheel appears after that the restoring bar appears then dissapears and the pinwheel returns and then repeats forever.... Help meeee! PLease

----------

also it wont go into recovery mode! and also i now know the passcode form digging through its eternal files and it is stuck on the loop if i could get it back i could fix everything but it no longer will turn on
DJ5chwa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 04:09 AM   #2
AT101ET
macrumors 6502

Do a reset by holding home button and power button down together for about 20 seconds...
If that doesn't work, try connecting to iTunes and resetting.
The jailbreak software may not allow the iTunes to reset it, so in that case, install a programme called iDevice which would help you remove the cydia apps and then you could do a reset.

Hope this helped
AT101ET is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:20 PM   #3
DJ5chwa
macrumors newbie

Which apps would i delete?

----------

also itunes now says that the ipod only has 1 gig of memory all together which is wrong because in disk aid the files are still thee they are just hidden for some reason now--- please can you get more people in on this

----------

alright i now know my problem i partitioned root to be able to veiw it and now i can only access her remaining data thats why it says 1 gig and the piod is trying ot start with that one gig how the hell do i get it back to the full 8gig

----------

and now i restored the ipod to ios 6 and now it nnly has 6.47 gigs of space? wheres the rest
DJ5chwa is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch