Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Fixes include:

- general auto-download setting in app settings
- eliminate podcasts starting after phone call or alarm
- fix previous played or deleted podcasts reappearing
- stability and performance fixes

We'll see how it goes.

KC2

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2008
Subscribed to your thread hoping to hear some positive things from this update from others. The app has sucked for too long that I removed it from my iPhone 5 yesterday and don't want to be the guinea pig to go back and try it.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Yeah I understand. I only used iTunes to sync to the app. I've turned on auto download and so far it's working.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
The reviews in the iTunes Store for the Current Version don't look impressive at all. 2.5-star average.

Yeah saw them. Only a few mention in their review the 1.1.2 update. But it still sucks, so back to using iTunes to sync/download my podcasts.

KC2

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2008
Yeah saw them. Only a few mention in their review the 1.1.2 update. But it still sucks, so back to using iTunes to sync/download my podcasts.

Same here (maintaining my iTunes podcast management). Hope iTunes 11 will bring along with it some v2.0 of Podcasts and change everything around.

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Relieved that they fixed the bug that would start playing a Podcast when hanging up a phone call.

That little gem caught me out after a conference call in a meeting with the company president and top executives sitting next to me yesterday- picking up right in the middle of a Phil Hendrie podcast.

Thank goodness he wasn't in full profanity mode!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.