Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 4, 2012, 02:40 AM   #1
timmy toad
macrumors newbie

Completely confused about the whole IP address thing

Firstly i have to tell you that i am trying to help a fella with a Win XP tower whose wired internet connection has just gone down, although his wife's Windows wireless lap top is ok, i changed the cable, so i suspect it is his Ethernet card. To confirm it is his Ethernet Card, i am now trying very hard to learn about IP addresses !!!.

On my MacBookPro i have found what i thought was my lap tops IP address (in Windows you type in IPCONFIG)
i type that into my browser window and get NOWT
why is that ?, what am I doing wrong please ?

I thought i would see my routers control panel at the very least ??

Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-11-04 at 08.06.12.png
Views:	144
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	374887  
timmy toad is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking