Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Nov 3, 2012, 03:33 PM   #1
phil1995
macrumors member

Apple Turn by Turn Bluetooth Connection

I have my Iphone 5 connected via Bluetooth to my cars entertainment center. When I activate Siri, the sound comes over the car speakers. When I ask for directions, it tells me it is getting directions and passes it over to the Maps. Once the Maps begins telling me direction, it takes the sound from the car speakers back down to the phone.

Is there any way to keep the sound on the car speakers when getting voice directions?
phil1995 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 04:14 AM   #2
ggmissmolly
macrumors regular

I do it all the time in my 2012 Ford F-150 with Sync. Unfortunately I'm always driving down the road when I fiddle with it and I can't tell you the exact procedure. However, clicking on the screen of the phone (once,twice,two fingers? not sure) will bring up aBT symbol in the bottom right corner of the screen...that will toggle BT on and off.

Sorry, I have never done it while not moving. I guess I need to do that.
ggmissmolly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 04:36 AM   #3
hyteckit

My turn by turn voice directions using Apple Maps plays fine through my bluetooth connection using my iPhone 4S and iOS 6.

I just have to set it to "AUX" which is for line-in or bluetooth connection.

All the sound from my iPhone goes to my car sound system connected to bluetooth.

----------

Know how to get to the Airplay button where you can select the audio source?

Double click on the home button which will get you to the iOS application switch.

Slide all the way to the left screen where the volume controls are.

There should be an Airplay button to the right of the volume controls if you have more than one sound source.

Tap on the Airplay button and select the car bluetooth connection.
hyteckit is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6