Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Photo Monkey

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
London, UK
I’d like to change some settings on my modem, but my Time Capsule is making it difficult to find out.

Here’s what’s being reported to me by the Time Capsule that’s plugged into the modem:

apple-settings.png

Here’s an overview of the network to give context:

apple-overview.png

The trouble is 82.xx.168.1 just times out, as does using the IP because the setting to configure it from a remote IP hasn’t been enabled.

From what I can recall the last time I had to change something, I was able to use 192.168.1.1 but that was a while ago and the Time Capsule now hands out IPs starting with 10.0.1.1, but that IP is the ‘Swansea’ Time Capsule.

Any clues where to look for the IP of the modem would be appreciated!

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Looking at the information you provided I Don't think you are connected to the Swansea device. I believe the information you show is coming from the Paris device and that 182.xx.168.251 is the ip provided to the Paris device by the Swansea device and that 182.xx.168.1 is the default gateway of the Swansea device which is probably providing DHCP ip's to all devices.

If you connect to the Swansea device you will get the modem IP.

Photo Monkey

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
London, UK
Thanks for your reply – I turned off Prague and Paris and connected to Swansea using ethernet, restarting it too. Still showed the same address! I’m considering getting my old Netgear router out and using that to find it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.