Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wolf Gang Fresh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Panorama is broken in iOS 6.1 for my iPhone 5, not sure about other devices
A6pV_uuCYAEKmHo.jpg

Edit: I know it is a beta, i am an apple developer i am well aware of the risks of installing betas
I did not post this thread to complain or attack apple, Only to aware you of the glitch
Im not acting like the beta should be perfect i have always used beta releases, ios4 was WAY worse than 6.1 aha

Last edited:

Pank9j

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2012
Same here on my iPhone 4s.. and it's getting restarted if i try to shoot Panorma.. :D:p

Twoey

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2012
Broken here as well, but meh.. I can deal with it. There is plenty of apps that offer it.

gsugolfer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2010
Georgia, USA
Why do people act like everything in a beta should be perfect lol

I love it.

Broken on Android - COMPLETE POS THAT YOU SHOULD NEVER USE!

Broken on iPhone - It's in BETA you incompetent ass, Apple doesn't have to please you, you should just give them your money.

There are some very stupid people on this forum.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I love it.

Broken on iPhone - It's in BETA you incompetent ass, Apple doesn't have to please you, you should just give them your money.

I'm not one of them. I find most android features to be shovelware and just there for the sake of having it. I have never seen anyone use NFC or s-beam or whatever novelty features samsung uses now.
Nonetheless I also feel the same about some apple features, Siri is just used for boredom, screenshots are cool, don't use calendar, don't use iCloud, iMessage I use, don't use FaceTime a whole lot, not a huge maps user, nobody uses game center, etc..

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
I love it.

Yeah, you! How on earth is a fault in a beta test version of software available only to developers with an explicit warning not to use it on production devices in any way comparable to a fault in a general release?

Ubuntu

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
I love it.

This is an Apple forum - are you surprised? An apple forum will have people who will find any excuse to criticise Android and defend Apple.

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
Yeah, you! How on earth is a fault in a beta test version of software available only to developers with an explicit warning not to use it on production devices in any way comparable to a fault in a general release?

Did I fall for a trolling?

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I love it.

The release that the user is using is an internal beta meant just for testing before the public release. This kind of beta always breaks features that are sewn up before the release date (you know, the very point of beta testing). This is true of every platform, if you actually look at dev release notes all companies will tell you what isn't working.

This is a feature that worked, and then got broken, it will be fixed before 6.1 is released.

Where you got your rant from is beyond me because your barking up the completely wrong tree here.

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Yes maps is an entirely different story. It also isn't as bad as some people on the web would have you believe.

It's pretty good in my area as well. 3D in standard mode works well but not satellite, not that I need it anyway.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
I am getting the same problem. Might try restoring later to see if it fixes the issue.

*Yes, I am aware it's a beta, I'm expecting problems. I'm not concerned about it as I'm certain it'll be fixed in later updates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.