Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:50 AM   #1
Contraversy
macrumors newbie

Running my C++ in Terminal...

I have been programming on my linux machines for years, after compiling my program main.cpp i could goto the directory and ./main to run my program.

In Xcode 4.5.1 I have noticed it wants to run my command line programs inside xcode using its "Command Line" simulator. That is nice and all, but when I am done coding I ultimately want to be able to execute my code in the terminal.

When I googled this I kept finding issues about launching xcode from terminal, but not actually running the project.

So far I love the Xcode interface, and look forward to using it, but how in the world do I finalize my project so I can run it? lol thanks
Contraversy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 04:06 AM   #2
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraversy View Post
I have been programming on my linux machines for years, after compiling my program main.cpp i could goto the directory and ./main to run my program.

In Xcode 4.5.1 I have noticed it wants to run my command line programs inside xcode using its "Command Line" simulator. That is nice and all, but when I am done coding I ultimately want to be able to execute my code in the terminal.

When I googled this I kept finding issues about launching xcode from terminal, but not actually running the project.

So far I love the Xcode interface, and look forward to using it, but how in the world do I finalize my project so I can run it? lol thanks
Look through the menus in Xcode. Look especially at the "Product" menu.
gnasher729 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 06:38 AM   #3
Contraversy
macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply, but I have looked there. I wouldnt be asking if It had been that easy for me. Product > Generate Output is where I looked first.

Well, that is after i tried 'Run' and saw it was running in Xcode. Then I looked at Product > Build For
Contraversy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:12 AM   #4
truehybridx
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraversy View Post
Thanks for your reply, but I have looked there. I wouldnt be asking if It had been that easy for me. Product > Generate Output is where I looked first.

Well, that is after i tried 'Run' and saw it was running in Xcode. Then I looked at Product > Build For
On the side panel of xcode (left side) where the source code is, there should be a Product folder, open that and right click n hit Show in finder (or reveal)

You can also open up the Organizer in xcode's Window drop down menu and get it from the Projects tab
truehybridx is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming