Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Contraversy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
I have been programming on my linux machines for years, after compiling my program main.cpp i could goto the directory and ./main to run my program.

In Xcode 4.5.1 I have noticed it wants to run my command line programs inside xcode using its "Command Line" simulator. That is nice and all, but when I am done coding I ultimately want to be able to execute my code in the terminal.

When I googled this I kept finding issues about launching xcode from terminal, but not actually running the project.

So far I love the Xcode interface, and look forward to using it, but how in the world do I finalize my project so I can run it? lol thanks

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
I have been programming on my linux machines for years, after compiling my program main.cpp i could goto the directory and ./main to run my program.

In Xcode 4.5.1 I have noticed it wants to run my command line programs inside xcode using its "Command Line" simulator. That is nice and all, but when I am done coding I ultimately want to be able to execute my code in the terminal.

When I googled this I kept finding issues about launching xcode from terminal, but not actually running the project.

So far I love the Xcode interface, and look forward to using it, but how in the world do I finalize my project so I can run it? lol thanks

Look through the menus in Xcode. Look especially at the "Product" menu.

Contraversy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Thanks for your reply, but I have looked there. I wouldnt be asking if It had been that easy for me. Product > Generate Output is where I looked first.

Well, that is after i tried 'Run' and saw it was running in Xcode. Then I looked at Product > Build For

truehybridx

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2010
Thanks for your reply, but I have looked there. I wouldnt be asking if It had been that easy for me. Product > Generate Output is where I looked first.

Well, that is after i tried 'Run' and saw it was running in Xcode. Then I looked at Product > Build For

On the side panel of xcode (left side) where the source code is, there should be a Product folder, open that and right click n hit Show in finder (or reveal)

You can also open up the Organizer in xcode's Window drop down menu and get it from the Projects tab

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.