Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Nov 4, 2012, 08:11 AM   #1
SSSmAsHeRRR
macrumors newbie

iOS 6 maps not loading in turn-by-turn

Hi, I have been experiencing an issue on iOS 6 maps, I have searched for it on google with no results, so now I'm posting it here to find out if someone else is having the same problem.

The issue is about iOS 6 maps. When I use them as "plain" maps, I mean, NOT turn-by-turn, just the usual maps, like they were in iOS 5 maps, then there is not any problem, maps load perfectly. The problem comes when I use the turn-by-turn mode, at the beginning it loads, but when I keep moving and go out of the area that it loaded, it doesn't load more areas, so I travel in a blank map.

This is not a connection issue, because the regular map keeps loading well, it just happens with the vectorized turn-by-turn maps. I have noticed that a crappy fix is just locking and unlocking the device, doing that procedure it loads another "square area" of map, but then again when I keep moving I go out of the loaded square area and it doesn't load anymore until I lock/unlock again.

¿Anyone is having this issue or any idea about how to fix it? It is really frustrating.

I'm adding a couple of captures I have made so you can see how it looks like.

Last edited by SSSmAsHeRRR; Nov 4, 2012 at 04:56 PM.
SSSmAsHeRRR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 08:17 AM   #2
dhlizard
macrumors G3

If you have an older iDevice (3GS or iPhone 4), a really slow Wifi speed (if trying this on Wifi) or a really slow data speed (if trying it on data) that is the issue.
If so, loading the maps takes a very long time on older devices.

If it is a newer device, I would check the Apple Knowledge Base

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 08:36 AM   #3
SSSmAsHeRRR
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlizard View Post
If you have an older iDevice (3GS or iPhone 4), a really slow Wifi speed (if trying this on Wifi) or a really slow data speed (if trying it on data) that is the issue.
If so, loading the maps takes a very long time on older devices.

If it is a newer device, I would check the Apple Knowledge Base

My device is not so old, is an iPad 2. I'm using it on data, but the issue is not about the speed of the connection, I said that regular maps load perfect, the issue is with the turn-by-turn mode, it just doesn't load, not slow or something, it just doesn't load at all, and the only way I can make it load is locking/unlocking the device. It looks like a bug to me.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 02:25 PM   #4
SSSmAsHeRRR
macrumors newbie

Nobody?
Old Nov 4, 2012, 02:43 PM   #5
waw74
macrumors 68020

have you restarted maps and/or your ipad?
waw74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 02:50 PM   #6
SSSmAsHeRRR
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by waw74 View Post

Yes, tried hard reset too. It didn't solve it.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 04:43 PM   #7
jasonmac21
macrumors member

Happened to me once. I turned my phone off and then on again, that did the trick. If you've done that with your iPad and it didn't work, I don't know. :/
jasonmac21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 06:54 PM   #8
SSSmAsHeRRR
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by waw74 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmac21 View Post
Happened to me once. I turned my phone off and then on again, that did the trick. If you've done that with your iPad and it didn't work, I don't know. :/

I just gave it a new try restarting the iPad again and now it works! I have no idea why it didn't work with previous restarts, but anyway, now it's perfect. Thank you for your help!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6