Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:30 AM   #1
Coleman2010
macrumors 68000

Mitt Romney ranting about the 2nd coming of Christ.

Hidden camera video of Mitt Romney ranting about Mormonism and he 2nd coming of Christ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxMD0...ature=youtu.be

I can't believe people are voting for this nut!

Last edited by balamw; Nov 4, 2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Embedded clip
Coleman2010 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:43 AM   #2
zioxide
macrumors 603

I love how he tries to justify controlling what other people do through his wackjob fairy tale beliefs.

wake up people.
zioxide is online now   10 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:46 AM   #3
kavika411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zioxide View Post
his wackjob fairy tale beliefs
Exactly. Thank god Obama isn't a theist.
kavika411 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:13 PM   #4
zioxide
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavika411 View Post
Exactly. Thank god Obama isn't a theist.
No. Thank "god" Obama doesn't try to pass legislation to force his beliefs on everyone.

Nice troll attempt though.
zioxide is online now   20 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:26 PM   #5
Coleman2010
macrumors 68000

Quote:
I love how he tries to justify controlling what other people do through his wackjob fairy tale beliefs.

wake up people.
Jesus is going to return and give religious law from Jeruselm and Missouri??? WTF?
Coleman2010 is offline   10 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:30 PM   #6
aerok
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleman2010 View Post
Jesus is going to return and give religious law from Jeruselm and Missouri??? WTF?
I love Romney, he has been my go to guy for my humor needs during a large part of 2012.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:35 PM   #7
kavika411
Banned

Quote:
No. Thank "god" Obama doesn't try to pass legislation to force his beliefs on everyone.

Nice troll attempt though.
Thank you for adding the new qualifier - that a theist is not a "wackjob fairy tale believer" unless they are mormon.

Once again, thank god Obama isn't a wackjob fairy tale believer.
kavika411 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:36 PM   #8
juanm
macrumors 65816

Send a message via MSN to juanm Send a message via Skype™ to juanm
Quote:
Well, at least you've got to admit that the evidence is overwhelming!

juanm is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:37 PM   #9
aerok
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Thank you for the qualifier - that a theist is not a "wackjob fairy tale belief" unless they are mormon.
Well to be fair, some religion are much wacky than others... that includes Mormons. I'm not saying it's wrong but they tend to have ''different'' ways of interpreting themselves.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:42 PM   #10
kavika411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerok View Post
Well to be fair, some religion are much wacky than others... that includes Mormons. I'm not saying it's wrong but they tend to have ''different'' ways of interpreting themselves.
I agree with you.

I'm just trying to understand who qualifies as a "wackjob fairy tale believer" - whether it is all theists, or just the theists with whom someone disagrees. So far, it sounds like it's only the theists with whom someone disagrees, and everyone else gets a wackjob pass.
kavika411 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:45 PM   #11
chown33
macrumors 603

Quote:
Hidden camera video of Mitt Romney ranting about Mormonism and he 2nd coming of Christ.
Serious question:

Shouldn't that be the third coming of Christ? First in Judea, second in the Americas (which see: The Book of Mormon), third in the Eschaton or End days. Or does the appearance in the Americas count as part of the first time?
chown33 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:45 PM   #12
aerok
macrumors 65816

Quote:
I agree with you.

I'm just trying to understand who qualifies as a "wackjob fairy tale believer" - whether it is all theists, or just the theists with whom someone disagrees. So far, it sounds like it's only the theists with whom someone disagrees, and everyone else gets a wackjob pass.
That is very true but also the fact is that we have yet to have seen a video of Obama preaching crazy religious words privatly.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:47 PM   #13
kavika411
Banned

Quote:
That is very true but also the fact is that we have yet to have seen a video of Obama preaching crazy religious words privatly.
Again, I don't disagree. But the OP title makes special note of "the second coming of Christ." Unlike some nuts out there, I don't think Obama is a Muslim. I think he is Christian.

I also think Christians believe in "the second coming of Christ." I was just trying to stay on-topic and get the tools needed to identify "wackjob fairy tale believers" noted in Post No. 2.
kavika411 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:48 PM   #14
vega07
macrumors 65816

So in the video he throws a tantrum, walks out, and dodges the question.

And half the country is voting for this guy? So very unpresidential. Anyone here old enough to confidently claim that Romney may be the worst presidential candidate ever?
vega07 is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:49 PM   #15
Peace
macrumors P6

Folks. There ain't gonna be any Missouri when Jesus returns.

just sayin'

Peace is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:50 PM   #16
aerok
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Again, I don't disagree. But the OP title makes special note of "the second coming of Christ." Unlike some nuts out there, I don't think Obama is a Muslim. I think he is Christian.

I also think Christians believe in "the second coming of Christ." I was just trying to stay on-topic.
Well Christians have to believe in the second coming of the Christ. Even Muslims believe in that too. It is the way he interpreted it that makes him a funny wacko
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:51 PM   #17
blevins321
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Nah. Next announcement will be that the Mormons got the map wrong and it all took place in Ohio. Then the GOP will air ads saying that Jesus was from Ohio and Romney will make Ohio be a glorious heavenly battleground.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:52 PM   #18
aerok
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins321 View Post
Nah. Next announcement will be that the Mormons got the map wrong and it all took place in Ohio. Then the GOP will air ads saying that Jesus was from Ohio and Romney will make Ohio be a glorious heavenly battleground.
Romnesia?
Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:03 PM   #19
northernbaldy
macrumors 6502a

Religion has no place in politics
In fact, religion has no place in modern times! It's just nonsense
Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:06 PM   #20
aerok
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernbaldy View Post
Religion has no place in politics
In fact, religion has no place in modern times! It's just nonsense
This should hold true for Western culture countries (And some Asian) but it is morally wrong to judge the traditions and morals of a nation that mix politics and religion.

But still I am a strong believer that religion and politics should never be mixed.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:06 PM   #21
Andeavor
macrumors 6502

What I just don't understand, what's it to you what a woman is doing to her body even if you don't agree with it based on your religious morals? How does an abortion unrelated to you affect you? Where is that magical umbilical cord?

If one person can give me a logical answer - one undeniable reason - to those questions, I'll never ridicule religious morals in politics ever again.
Andeavor is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:08 PM   #22
aerok
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroony View Post
What I just don't understand, what's it to you what a woman is doing to her body even if you don't agree with it based on your religious morals? How does an abortion unrelated to you affect you? Where is that magical umbilical cord?

If one person can give me a logical answer - one undeniable reason - to those questions, I'll never ridicule religious morals in politics ever again.
Rapists want to keep their child? Is that a valid logical reason? (I tried very hard)
Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:11 PM   #23
zioxide
macrumors 603

Quote:
I agree with you.

Personally, I think anyone who bases their entire view of life and the world on a fictional book wrote a few thousand years ago as a means to control people is a "wackjob fairy tale believer".

That said, I have no problem with them believing in this. People can believe in whatever they want. I do have a problem when someone uses their beliefs as a basis to restrict the rights of others who don't necessarily have the same beliefs. I don't care if it's a Mormon, Baptist, Evangelical, Muslim, Scientologist, whatever. Believe what you want but when you try to use these beliefs as a reason to control others, you've crossed the line.
zioxide is online now   9 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:14 PM   #24
Andeavor
macrumors 6502

Quote:
This should hold true for Western culture countries (And some Asian) but it is morally wrong to judge the traditions and morals of a nation that mix politics and religion.

But still I am a strong believer that religion and politics should never be mixed.
They aren't and they have never been. The US has an Establishment Clause (1st Amendment) prohibiting a religion to set the standard of law. It's a clear separation of church and state but in some twisted loophole-logic many people of Christian faith believe they have the right to attach their religious morals to the politics of that country.

And since there is no such clause, one is allowed to judge them from a political standpoint.
Andeavor is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:17 PM   #25
kavika411
Banned

Quote:
Personally, I think anyone who bases their entire view of life and the world on a fictional book wrote a few thousand years ago as a means to control people is a "wackjob fairy tale believer".

That said, I have no problem with them believing in this. People can believe in whatever they want. I do have a problem when someone uses their beliefs as a basis to restrict the rights of others who don't necessarily have the same beliefs. I don't care if it's a Mormon, Baptist, Evangelical, Muslim, Scientologist, whatever. Believe what you want but when you try to use these beliefs as a reason to control others, you've crossed the line.
I couldn't agree more with this post. Seriously. I do not want anyone using politics/legislation to push their religion. I certainly hope Romney won't.

I likewise agree with you that Obama is a wackjob fairy tale believer.

Looks like we have more in common than not.
kavika411 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues